Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: It happened...

Default It happened...

Last Monday morning my boyfriend came down with a bug. At the first sound of vomit, I got into a -huge- panic and ran out of the house. I felt terrible though and plucked up the courage to go back, with bleach and various other cleaning products in hand.

My boyfriend ended up being sick many times over a period of about 5 hours, but he then managed to get some sleep and felt better by late Monday night.

I cleaned the flat top to bottom with bleach solution, slept in the living room until he had been symptom free for 48 hours, refused any physical contact (inc. hugs etc.) for about 4 days, didn't let him prepare food, bought a new toothbrush and toothpaste etc. etc.

Fast forward 9 days to 4am on weds/thurs morning and I've just been sick. I was up late reading a book and for about 20 minutes felt very nauseous and gassy, did lots of pacing around in a panic, deep breathing and then it happened!

My question is do you think I have caught my boyfriend's bug? I don't know what else I could have done to avoid it and I was feeling really happy that my precautions worked, but maybe they didn't??

Also, it is now over an hour since I was sick and I am feeling a bit under the weather but not horrendous like I've heard other people describe... Do you think it was maybe a one off?

On one final positive note, it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I think its probably the anticipation, the waiting, that is the worst thing about it

Cat

Default Re: It happened...

Sorry you vomited, Cat. It seems unusual that you came down with it 9 days after your boyfriend. Most viruses only incubate for a day or two. If you're feeling better now, then you probably won't puke again. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

9 days later...gosh that's scary...

i hope you feel better.

Hi everyone, I'm feeling a lot better, thank you.

I guess it was either a very mild bug or just a one off, because I haven't been sick again. Does anyone have any idea why you would be sick once and then be fine...?

I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary, so I have no clue right now :S