Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Starting new therapy and meds

I had an assessment from a psychiastrist at the priory yesterday. Apparently im only moderately depressed/anxious despite my phobia taking over mh life for the minute.

It was really positive and he suggested i try lyrica/pregabalin along with some cbt/mindfullness and councilling. I asked if anyone is usually cured of this and he assured me that its very common and very curable as long as you really READY to ve cured.

Anyway. Feeling fairly positive. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone else tried that medication? He said he's never known anyone to have any n/v issues with it in 15 years of prescribing it.

Default Re: Starting new therapy and meds

I do not have any experience with that medication, but if it works for you, please let us know. And I hope you're feeling better! It's excellent that you're taking steps to get help and have a more enjoyable life. Inspirational.

Default Re: Starting new therapy and meds

on the nomorepanic website there a lot of promising stories about that medication. I can't find any nasty ones yet except people complaining of weight gain. but that's the least of my worries