Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ease anxiety during Movies

My wife suffers from Emetophobia so I created a movie site that gives people with phobias the ability to watch movies without fear. We give you the when, how graphic and the duration of each scene that occurs in each movie without spoiling the movie! Over 1800 movies screened! Check our site and never have to see v**** in a movie again!

We screen theater movies every weekend and are the only site on the internet to take requests! Enjoy!

Phobias at the Movies

Default Re: Ease anxiety during Movies

Yes this website really helped me tons over the past year and helped me get my social life back. (Being able to go to the movies with my friends because I'm 15). Then you guys made it cost money. No one knows about my emet so I can't ask my parents to pay for it. I have a job but I don't have a debit/credit card to be able to purchase it online. I guess I'll be going back to being an antisocial snail at home again. :'(

Just send me an e-mail and I should be able to still help you out.

phobiasatthemovies gmail.com

We only charge to pay for all the theater movies we screen, and for our time filling requests throughout the week. We went a whole year without charging so it came down to either charge, or shut it down. Either way I know our site helps people and that's the why we are trying to keep it open and running!

Might be worth considering offering a trial, either a set amount of days of access or a set amount of 'movie lookups' so people can get an idea of the kind of information on offer and whether it will help them

I really appreciate the feedback and I actually thought about doing that. But, since we were free for over a year I felt like that was enough time for people to understand what we do. We do have an example movie to showcase exactly how the movies screened look. I also just started posting free movies of the week on our Tumblr and Twitter pages as well to show people exactly how our site works. A "Free Trial" is still an option so I will be sure to let everyone know if we decide to go down that road. Once again, thank you for the feedback and I hope you enjoy our site.

If anyone wants more examples just let me know. I would be more than happy to send them to anyone wanting more information! Just message me with your e-mail and I will send you as much information as you I can!

It was rather unfortunate that I hadn't heard of your site until someone mentioned it yesterday on here, but it's a great idea and by the looks of it you have a really comprehensive database so I have nothing against you charging for it, I think it's much better to charge a small fee than close the site down or load the place with advertisements and pop-ups. Must have completely missed the example movie when I looked at the site, I'll put it down to being slightly tired, but thanks for the info, it's really great to know that you are engaging with people both in screening movies but also providing info and helping people out in general

Thank you very much! Just to let you know we do have just over 1800 movies screened in our database! Also, we do plan on moving into TV series if we can get enough members. Our ultimate goal is to have everything screened on TV and in the theater! Thanks again for all the kind words . .

That is great to hear! I have to say you strike me as being very passionate about your project and as being very genuine and sincere, and I think it says a lot that you have come here listening to people's suggestions and engaging with us as opposed to spamming links. I do hope people will realise that and if they can afford it and think they will find it useful, that they won't think twice about signing up. If there is anything that I can do to support you and your project then please do let me know and I will be only too happy

Thanks again!
    and although we do screen for 8 phobias I can say that I am little bias towards Emetophobia because my wife suffers from it. I went from screening for her to screening for everyone! But, it really has helped her relax and enjoy movies and the theater again. I guess the only thing I can think of is to spread the word and hope we can help as many people possible! Thanks again, and please let me know if there is anything else we can be doing to help as well!

Please start screening TV shows. There is no place on the internet where I can get good information about unsafe scenes on TV shows, and since I watch a lot of TV, this is incredibly annoying! Will definitely sign up and pay if you start reviewing TV.

That is the goal! If we can get enough people signed up that is the first thing we plan on adding! So lets just say I hope to let you know when we get there! We plan on polling our users to see what order we will screen shows so I will try and let you know in advance so you can be there to vote! Thanks for the feedback and if possible please spread the word and help us help others!

The most obvious tactic would be to work your way through the Netflix catalog, starting with the most popular shows and working down. Then work through the major American and British TV network shows in order of their popularity (IMDB would be a good start). Then you can start adding the nice TV shows by requests. Just a thought anyway
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

That sounds like the best way to me! But, I do want to try my hardest to start with the shows that our users want first! Most of the requests I get are for The Walking Dead at the moment . . but I like where your going with the Netflix Catalog. It would be a good place to start and the easiest way to get all the episodes!