Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I'm sick...

Default I'm sick...

Woke up suddenly at 130 with cramping. Felt gaggy, and then I got sick. Now I am worried I will throw up again and that I have diarrhea. I am constipated, but that's not likely it. I am shaking. I haven't been sick in years. I took a pepto and really hope this will be over very soon. Now would be nice.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Default Re: I'm sick...

I'm sorry it got you. I hope you're already feeling better.

Thing is...I don't know anyone sick. I've been relatively clean overall. I'm not sure it's even a stomach bug or something didn't sit right with me at all. I feel hot mostly right now. Concerned I will become sick again. Took meds to calm my stomach down both ways. I felt just fine when I went to sleep. I tried to stay clean with my hands in the airport Monday, but that was almost four days ago so unlikely I caught something there. I went to my family doctor Tuesday, but I washed my hands after and even changed into sweatpants when I got home cause well...I had nothing else to do for the day and decided to be lazy. Possible, but seems unlikely I picked up something and I didn't go anywhere else. It's baffling me if it's a stomach bug where I might have picked it up. Most sick people I know of right now have lovely spring colds, aka allergy season. Also lots of sore throats. I dunno, but since I can't sleep I am thinking.
    I have to miss my classes today, which I hate greatly. But I already emailed them. In case of a stomach bug, I do not wish to subject the public to me.
    Question...I am supposed to take my grandmother, who is 80, shopping tomorrow morning. Assuming I am fine from here on out...should I take her or stay far away?

Ugh I am soooo sorry to hear you're going through this. You're being incredibly strong. As for taking your grandmother out tomorrow... if it was a one and done no diarrhea then you're probably totally fine to take her. Just keep up good hygiene just in case. But really if it's one and done you probably don't have a bug. I hope you feel better soon and are able to get some rest.

Wow, Dairy! You're handling this so well!! I don't think I could remain as calm as you are. To me, it sounds like something upset your stomach. I don't think it's a bug, especially if it was one and done and no diarrhea.

if you're fine tomorrow morning, I agree with MaybeBaby, you should be fine to take your grandma.

I did have diarrhea. So far just once each.

You were constipated before? I have gotten really ill from being constipated. Felt like I was going to throw up. Even kind of wished I could force myself, so I would feel better. How was the diarrhea? Was it pure water?

I'm so so sorry you were sick. I hope you feel better very soon!
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

It was mixed. Started hard and then was liquid. Never been sick to my stomach from constipation though. It happened real fast. Haven't thrown up without a cold in 10 years. Colds make me ill only due to phlegm. My last stomach bug was at 15. 25 now.

Do you feel nauseous? Or is it just diarrhea now?

My throat feels weird and my stomach off, but not too nauseated. The diarrhea hasn't happened again either. My throat hurts now. It's been about 2.5 hours since I got sick. I chewed some Sea-Band ginger gum and took pepto-bismal. Been sipping some propel flavored water currently. Sent my professors emails that I won't be in class. Rather err on the side of caution even if I feel better in case I'm contagious.

oh hon I'm sorry. if it was once then it may be a food thing or something odd. hugs hugs hugs.

Are you feeling better today?

Mostly. Not 100 percent, but definitely better.

Much better today. Stomach is not 100 percent still, but probably 90 percent back to normal. Someone said they had something similar, so maybe it was a bug. Either way, I have been overdoing it a little in cleaning just in case to prevent anyone else from the catching it. I did take my grandmother and I used her bathroom...to pee only. I was actually nervous to use her bathroom, though I know viruses are not carried through urine. Just desperate to not get anyone sick from me. lol.

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Did you V just that once? It's really nice of you to be so considerate, if only more people weren't like that.

WOW! You have handled this remarkably well! How are you feeling now? Did you get sick again?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, just once. I woke up with bad stomach cramping and first thought oh, god, diarrhea. Then my throat and stomach got real funny and I started to gag and couldn't stop and I threw up. I just remember it feeling gross and struggling to get rid of the taste for a bit, but by morning I had forgotten. Immediately following the vomiting, I had diarrhea. I do recall thinking I had food poisoning or norovirus had hit me. But never did get sick again either way. It had been six hours since I last ate anything and yes, I did throw it up, which make me think food poisoning at first. But I would have been much sicker, lol.
    I guess I'll never know if it was a little bug or if something was up with the new popcorn and it did not settle with me at all. I am just glad to be better. My belly is almost back to 100 percent today.

I think if it was a sv you'd have been sick more. My guess is food because once you were empty, you were done. Ie, your body was happy. Regardless, v is not fun no matter what the cause and you handled it like a friggin' rock star!

Wow you handled this AMAZINGLY! I would be so damn proud if i were u! u almost made this whole thing sound easy and fun. Youre called dairy fre life, r u like celiac or something idk...because i have a friend who is and in small things like lipstick they changed the ingredients and it made her v* a few times, maybe something?
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

no, celiac is gluten. I am very lactose intolerant. Never had dairy make me vomit, but it is possible dairy got in the popcorn or something and caused me trouble. I didn't feel I handled it so well at the time as I felt quite nervous I was going to get sick again even though I didn't really have much nausea. I am blaming the popcorn though because it was the only thing different that I had eaten the day before...and it was only the popcorn that came back up. Gross, I know, but that's why if it was food, it's probably the trouble. Still could have been a mild virus. Who knows though.

Any way there could have been butter on the popcorn? Also popcorn is super hard on the stomach. Gives me diarrhea when I eat too much of it... sometimes get nauseated and sweaty. It's kernel skin that just tears me apart. Even fresh corn doesn't digest.

I don't usually have any issues. Said it didn't have butter in it, but did say made on facility with milk, so it is possible it got some in it. It was kettle corn. It was a new brand of kettle corn though. That's why I am thinking it may have been it.

You guys, I know that you feel like if it's noro there is LOTS of v'ing. But, that simply isn't true. I rarely v with noro. Actually, I had it many times in my life and for 24 years didn't v or even gag once. Sometimes I had really bad stomach cramps and fever. Sometimes really bad d, stomach cramps and fever. But never v'ing. When I had it the other night I didn't v. I had d several times really bad and felt like I was going to v for awhile, but didn't. So, it is very probable that she did have a sv and just v'd once. Even when I have v'd with noro it was only once, maybe twice. My mom does the same and so does my daughter.

I agree that all illnesses can present differently in people, SDD. maybe it was an illness. or food. concern right now is feeling better!

Oh yeah! I have definitely woken up in the middle of the night with the severe nausea feeling! About 3 weeks ago I woke up at about 3am and felt sooo sick I went into the kitchen and made an ice pack and put it on the back of my neck! Thank god after about 15 gruelling minutes the nausea subsided! Something cold on my neck and face helps alot!! Try it it might help next time!

Thanks, but it wouldn't have helped this time. No intention to scare anyone at all, but it all happened suddenly. Got up with horrid cramps, stood up and started to gag immediately to which I grabbed my trashcan and within seconds I threw up. Then I raced to the bathroom to empty the other end. After that I took some pepto and chewed some ginger gum, but was just fine. I think it was better that way and actually...I have been feeling less anxious since. My vomit fear seems to be slowly going away. I went to school, the store and played a sport and did not think or fear someone getting sick. That's a first for me in years.