Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How long is your "puke free" streak?

13 years...yay!

This is not going to be popular or well-received and I'm going to be attacked but so be it, someone has to say it. What, exactly, is the purpose of keeping track of and celebrating things like Puke-Free steaks? How does that help you be less afraid of vomiting? Or do you not want to get better? And if not, WHY ON EARTH NOT?! I will never understand why some people WANT their emetophobia. It does NOT keep you safe - it keeps you SICK and in bondage. You are a slave to emetophobia - is that really how you want to live? As a slave?

I'm serious, if anyone has a good answer to my questions PLEASE let's hear it. Educate me. Because I REALLY don't get it.
    EmetophobiaHelpline.com

Almost 15 years.

Chris, some of us are working on being unafraid of vomiting, but that doesn't mean we want to vomit. Celebrating a vomiversary turns it from a dreaded day into an eagerly anticipated milestone.

Anyway, emets are not the only one who keep track of their vomit streaks. Many people do. Most people only speak of them when they end, but this is a real thing. Go to http://www.twitscoop.com and search "vomit streak."

Doug
    Last edited by gumdropper1; 04-03-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My streak keeps me comfortable. It means I have went THIS long without vomiting. It means that I am doing something right and I will continue to do it. It makes me feel more settled. However, it also creates anxiety in the sense that I feel like it is nearing "my" time.
    “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”-Oscar Wilde