Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Help! Boyfriend woke up with flu and I'm afraid he gave me germs!

My boyfriend woke up nauseated at 5 this morning. He didn't throw up until 7 but he didn't know he was sick yesterday and we shared drinks, made food together, and kissed etc. I had my stepdad pick me up because I can't deal with people being sick around me let alone take the chance of catching it myself. I really hope I'm not going to get it later on today. What should I do? I've never had a stomach bug before and I'm scared!

Default Re: Help! Boyfriend woke up with flu and I'm afraid he gave me germs!

You should be fine....he wasn't contagious until he started showing symptoms. Even if you shared food yesterday and kissed! the only way you can get a stomach bug is from ingesting the bug itself...like V* and D* particles.. gross, I know. But as long as you didnt kiss him after or touch anything in the bathroom etc after he touched ..you will be good!

I left before all of that but his mom told me the opposite. She said he was most contagious 24 hours before he started to show symptoms. I hope you are right

Your mom is thinking of the cold/flu. It is contagious before the person shows symptoms. Noro is different. It only starts to be contagious after the person becomes ill. You'll be fine. You should be proud of yourself for learning the facts before freaking out. that's a big step in the right direction.