Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Help having a panic attack!:/

I just read about this disease called cycle vomiting syndrome, and they dont know much about it, there is no cure, and people with the syndrome most of them have a history of migranes in their family. My dad gets minor migranes and my aunt used to have them now im so scared ill get the disease! I cant stop thinking about it. The disease causes you to have spouts of vomiting for days, when you are triggered by a sinus infection, or stress, or so on. The syndrome normally occurs in the ages of 7-11 but can occur in adults. I read some about the disease, and some people have developed the disease at 18 , and 35, now i'm freaked out,and I have OCD/anxiety/depression which doesn't help, and im of course emetephobic, if anyone can bring me any ounce of comfort please tell me, im so scared right now

Default Re: Help having a panic attack!:/

Well, just because some adults in your immediate family are somewhat prone to migraines doesn't automatically guarantee that you'll inherit them, too. I mean, my mom sometimes gets migraines that actually make her sick, but I myself have never suffered from anything like that (knock on wood).

It seems that migraines (or a family history of migraines) are only one of the many precursors to this syndrome....people get migraines for all sorts of reasons besides this cycle vomiting syndrome. Your dad and aunt may get them due to sinuses, not a syndrome. Besides, this kind of syndrome sounds rare (most that include frequent vomiting are rare), and it doesn't seem like you meet enough of the qualifications to develop such a syndrome!

Bottom line, there are probably dozens of syndromes and conditions out there whose symptoms include chronic nausea and vomiting, but that doesn't mean that you're bound to develop any of them. This syndrome sounds like the sort of thing that really would occur between very young ages like 7 and 11, and the prospect of an adult suddenly developing it seems slim.

Relax, you don't have anything to worry about. ....and it'll probably be best for your nerves if you refrain from reading about syndromes and stuff, lol
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.

Thank you that makes me feel a lot better, I'm not so much worried about migranes as I am on getting the disease, since it can occur at any age, but mostly in children. I know the disease is rare to my knowledge it's just there is little research done on this, so the Only thing they can draw from research is that people with a history of migraines in their family are more prone, and since that's the only thing , and some people in my family had that , I'm freaked out, but your words were comforting thank you for taking the time to write! I truly appreciate that .

No problem! I know how you must've felt, because I too once worried myself sick over the idea of having something called Reye's Syndrome (yet another condition that involves cyclical nausea and vomiting)....but in the end it's best to convince yourself that the odds are almost always against you developing some rare syndrome. =)
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.