Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Oh you guys....

As you remember I had the stomach flu on Thurs/Fri. Well Saturady Ifelt lots better as I'm sure you remember but then yesterday I felt sicker than I had felt thursday. It was back to the runs and the nausea...my god. I stood in front of the sink and begged myself to vomit, it was so bad that I actually wanted my worse fear to happen. But nope. Took some gravol and went to bed and then at 1 oclock I woke up feeling really ill. I woke my mom up (this was last nite) and puked all this red crap up into the sink. It really scared me cuz I thought it was blood (but it was just juice) but even while I was doing it I felt better. Today was up and down and just a few moments ago I dry heaved. I wanted to throw up because the nausea is so bad, it was so close, I mean, I felt it in my throat, it was like the gag was right there, but it didn't come. And I have the runs again too =( It feels like this will never end! I thought I was done with it, I mean, Saturday was back to normal, I was positive I was done with it...but nope. And I don't fear the actual act, I just fear, I guess the feeling that comes before it, and the not knowning. But I never thought I'd say this but it provides such immense relief!! I just don't want night to come because it'll probably mean throwing up again. I was all optimistic and all, but now, I just lost hope. The chances of me getting better is about as good as chance of the sky turning green and the grass turning blue. I've lost all hope and am down in the dumps. I haven't been at school since Wednesday, so Ive missed alot and I dread going back but I just can't right now. I hate this. There's no light at the end of the tunnel =(

Excuse me while I go to the toilet...

Words of encouragment please[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I'm cramping really bad, but am scared to go to the washroom, for some reason after I go I feel this wave of nausea....[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Hey, I was looking for you on MSN, but you're not there! Are you okay> Do you want me to call you??

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

hiya maybe you could try something to distract you? is there something you can do to take your mind of it? anxiety is probably making the cramps and nausear worse so taking your mind of it might ease it for a while. Things i do to distract myself are diffecult computergames or books.

www.shockwave.com has some good games if you want to give it a try

I am so sorry you are going through that! That is absolutely the pits!! It actually sounds like what my girls had a couple of years ago. It could be rotavirus. Maybe you should call the dr. if you aren't better!!! Maybe they will give you a stronger antiemetic.

Aww, I'm sorry that you're still feeling sick. You are being SO brave!! I know you feel horrible, but reading your post, you don't sound like an emet!! You are doing so good getting through the most difficult thing in the world for us emets and you are doing a great job!!! I'm sure you'll get better soon, so try to relax and rest. Don't worry about school because there is nothing you can do about it now, so worrying will only make you feel worse. Watch a movie, or read a book. Try not to worry about the night, you will get through it!! I hope you have an anxiety free night!!! Feel Better!!

Danielle

Thanks guys for your concerns, I think I just gotta muddle through this...

Thanks for your kind thoughts, just hearing from you makes it better =) your the best ppl ever!

gonna go watch some tv or sumthin and hope for the best. i might call the doc tomoro or go to the clinic cuz i need some antiemetics..more than gravol!

Anyways guys thanks so much for caring =)

I hope I can be half as supportive for you as you are to me

Luv ya guys xxxx

I am sorry that you are having to go through this. Unfortunately, when you are sick, it is mpossible to tell if you'll feel better, but then, the next day, do it again. I hope you feel better soon!

Lizzy

Man honey sounds like the bug grabbed you and won't jump
    off....... I'm sorry you feel so bad.... But one thing you have to
    kinda hold on to..... Don't tense up...... Don't give in... You looked
    the big bad bully in the face, and it didn't beat you. Don't fear the
    night, and don't fear the act.... You can really get through this.... I
    still have small spells, but after this past year and July, you got it
    on the ropes..... I am cheering for you all the way down here, covered
    in snow. Oh wait Drew just fell down

Remember JUST BRING IT!

Love,

Stephen

Oh no!!!! I'm sorry you're sick again. That really sucks. You really are taking it in stride. Try not to get down about it, I know that's easier to say than do, I hope you're ok!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hey Laura!

Lol my name is Laura too! Im sorry your feeling bad, I think that happens sometimes cause your body maybe hasn't quite kicked it yet, and so it reoccured some. You are being very brave, and I know being sick like that really sucks. I myself have some stomach bug too (just runs and nausea and feelin like crap) and so I hope you feel better soon, I too dread nitetime! But just think youve made it, and your body WILL kick this, sometimes the buggers like to hold on (like a cold that reoccurs). Just think, your body is getting rid of the bug when your sick. I really hope you feel better too, and hang on!

I'm sorry you're not well... I hope you feel better soon. You're a trooper! You're in great shape for an emet!

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awwww [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] That sounds horrible. I am rooting for you all the way. Like Stephen said, don't let this take over. Your body knows what to do. Don't try and fight it. Just think....once you are fully over it, you should be in the clear for a while!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Hope you feel better soon! Charlotte

Laura

your being sooo brave. Hang in there. it WILL go. im so sorry that u are feeling sick still. I really hope u feel better soon. *hugs*

ems xx

I'm so sorry you are feeling bad again. I hope you get better soon. That's weird that it came on like that again. Maybe call your doctor? Feel better soon.

Oh I feel so bad for you! My experience with my own kids has been thatthe worse/stronger stomach bugs tend to really disrupt their digestive system for days - even after they are done v'g from the bug initially. You have to be really careful when and what you introduce into your digestive tract for a while. What did you eat on Saturday or Sunday??

Here's the advice my pediatrican gave me, and it seems to work:

First of all, don't take anything by mouth for at least 2 hours after v'g. Then start out with liquids (gatorade or flat 7-Up) in very small amounts - like a teaspoon every 15 minutes. If you can keep that down then you can keep doubling the amount.

Don't eat anything solid for at least 8 hours after v'g. Again, start with small amounts and stick to the BRAT diet - Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Crackers. Bananas are great for stopping diarrhea, but steer clear of millk andmilk products for several days. They are apparantly harder to digest. I can attest to this with my daughter who v'd a couple of days after a bug when she ate cereal with milk.

Hang in there! I really think the worst is over for you, but if I were you, I'd call the doc just to make sure, and for anti-emetics.

Oops - I meant to say that BRAT stands for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast (although crackers are probably the same)...

Hey guys =)

You'll never know how great you guys are and how much you helped me. Luv ya all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I just hope you know that I really appreciate your replies.

Today's Forcast (or after cast, really!) Cloudy with partial sun and raining from the bottom of the cloud not the top ;-) I think that pretty well describes it. I'm feeling better and if today was better than yesterday, tomorrow will be even better than today =) I'm still not going to school tomorrow, I guess since I'm such a serious student its expected that I worry about falling behind, but hey, what will be will be. I'm sticking to toast and gatorade but might try something else a bit later.

Thanks you guys once again...you're the best!!!

Stephen: BRING IT is my new motto ;-)

Guys...

My mom has caught my stomach bug

She v*ed this morning while I was asleep...=(

I feel sooo guilty for giving it to her, and I just DONT want to stick around her!I can't take care of her, I can't be there when she v*s. Although I don't fear myself v*ing, I really don't want to be around her when she v*s...

And even worse, now that I'm starting to get better, I'm worried I willl re-catch it. Can that happen??!?

Oh you guys I was doing so well, but now I'm a mess....

=(

Don't feel guilty about your mom catching it. It wasn't your fault. I'm not sure about recatching it. If it was the same strain that you had, then maybe not,but I'm not sure. I don't know how that works. Good question. I would just do what you normally do: wash hands, keep your hands away from your face, etc. Try not to worry.

I think it takes a week or too to develop full reistance to the bug. If you had it a week ago, id say your most likely not going to recatch it... Im so glad your feeling better!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I don't beleive that you can re-catch the bug, i am almost postive because you have so many antibodies protecting you because of your last flu. Thats how the flu shot works. It sends out some of the bug into your body and "trains" your antibodies how to fight it. I did a report o it, Its very interesting. Each Cold and Flue is different and thats why we continue to catch it.

Its ironic that you caught your twice because when I got sick a couple of summers ago, I was throwing up in the night, felt very weak and nauseus in the morning and most of the day and then the next day I felt a little exhausted, but pretty good. And then the next day, I woke up feeling good, and Then BAM it hit me again. I didn't throwup but I got the runs and I was damn close to being sick again. Its no fun but that naseus feeling that came suddenly in teh mornng, went away by night time.

Hope youa re feelign better

auggiedog: That's really cool, how you have the facts and whatnot. Thanks for taking the time to post that, having cold hard evidence really helped soothe my fears. So, thanks!!