Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety and Nausea.

Hi right now my anxiety has got the best of me and im nauseous. anyone have any advice on how to make it go away? i have been taking pepto. not working very well. Please help

Default Re: Anxiety and Nausea.

Distractions, distractions, distractions.

I play mind games on facebook to distract me. Also, do some deep calming breathing.

Just focus all your nervous energy elsewhere
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Thank you im playing cityville lol.

Farmville is quite good for distraction.

Crazy Taxi is addictive...

As crdo8 said, distractions are one of the best methods of getting rid of your nausea. Read a book, draw a picture, do anything possible to focus your mind elsewheres. If you do attempt deep-breathing, you must take caution so you don't begin to hyperventilate (I have done this by accident many times).
    Another method is something that was taught to me: Full body relaxation. The anxiety brought on by your nausea can simply make it worse, because it stresses out your body all the more. Find a small, quiet spot, close your eyes, and concentrate fully on your body, on loosening the muscles, starting from your toes and upwards.
    I hope this helps. = 3