Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Bad Day Yesterday...

So, yesterday I was in my gym class and our teacher made us to all this crazy stuff and so afterwards, i was talking to this one kid and in the middle of our conversation, he just.... all over the floor. I turned around immediately and started hyperventilating and crying. I finally made it into the locker room and wouldn't come out for a long time. I just sat and shook and cried. Not only was I completely embarrassed for myself, I just couldn't take it. I haven't v* since 1st grade and I haven't seen it since 3rd. After a long time, the teacher wanted to see me. He made fun of me for being freaked out by the kid getting sick. I had to practically beg him to let me go to the nurse!
    Anyways, I still can't eat and the picture of what happened keeps running through my mind. I dream about it... and it's all i can think about.
    How can I get it out of my mind and how can I feel better?
    Thanks,

Default Re: Bad Day Yesterday...

I'm so sorry that happened to you.
    It's terrible that the teacher was such a jerk about it. Some people just don't understand. My family sometimes made fun of me when I had panic attacks about it.
    But to help you feel less embarrassed, it seems like emetophobia is actually fairly common! A girl in one of my classes at school admitted it one day because she was scared. I was really surprised. But anyways, I would hope that most people would be understanding. I mean, everyone has fears!!
    And I guess to get it out of your mind you might try to distract yourself with things that make you happy? Like watch a funny youtube video or something? haha. something to make you laugh!
    I hope you things get better for you soon!!

Thanks for your help! And I know, I don't know how i'll react when i see that teacher again. We have double period gym again tommorrow... I don't know how I'll be able to stand it without thinking about what happened all the time.
    Whats funny though, is the guy that it happened to is like hilarious and we talk at school all the time and now I can't even look at him. He saw me react (as did everyone) and hes apologized (over facebook, due to the fact that ive been avoiding him since) and I feel so bad! its not his fault! But I cant even look at him!
    Oh my my my.

that sounds really traumatic.....also sounds like the teacher is a real jerk.........i'm sure you;ve been to gym loads of time and noone got sick.....so try and concentrate on those times........

it's great that your friend apologized for upsetting you.......sounds like he might be a really understanding friend.......who knows? you may be able to talk to him about your feelings and he would support you....

have a good day.......or try to anyways
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When something like that happens to me I close my eyes and focus on my breathing and tell myself, just because it happened to them doesn't mean it's going to happen to me.

It sounds like your just thinking about it too much, I'm like that, I'll see a bit of v* on the pavement and then I wont get the image out of my mind for days. Im sorry your going through this but whats probably best by now is distractions, just try and think about something other than p*... even though it is harder than it sounds, just have fun and it'll soon get out of your mind, C'mon its just food, but kind of blended together

I hope you feel better x
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It will stay in your head for awhile, but it will fade eventually. I remember a little girl v* all over the bus once, and I dreamt about it constantly, but they stopped. The teacher sounds like a prick! Sorry you had to go through this!

Ooh, I'm sorry, that sounds very unpleasant. I would have done the same thing. Actually, when my Girl Scout troop went to a resturant, one of the girls started choking on her mozzerella sticks and began pulling them out from her mouth...after I ran and told the moms (who were sitting at another table) I bolted out of the restuarunt. I was in Washington DC, and I had not idea where to go so I cried until one of the mom calmed me down and we looked at some store windows.

Oh that's awful. I remember back when I was about 10, we were in choir and the kid in front of me just threw up...it was horrible for everyone but I just freaked out. I fainted and cried so much, and I know it's bad, but I was kind of annoyed with the kid for ages after that. Don't worry, you need to discuss the episode with your friends and family and try to joke about it. Try to make it sound funny, and eventually the fear and nastiness of it will lessen.

I am also sorry that that happened to you. It is a very hard thing to get out of your mind, and I find that I "look" at the person differently (at least for a while) after I know they have been s*. I know its not their fault but, it freaks me out and makes me think differently for a while.

As time goes on the image thankfully gets more and more distant and distorted in my mind, and Im sure it will for you too =) In the mean time, the youtube/laughing thing is good medicine