Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New

Cool New

Hi everyone, I'm Stephanie. I'm new here. I have had emetophobia since i was 11, I am currently 22 and after going to doctors and therapist who haven't helped me at all I did some internet research and put a name with my fear of...vomitting. My whole family has always thought that I'm crazy, and I really need a place where I can talk openly and seek advice from people who have the same problem. Hopefully this is the place!

Default Re: New

welcome stephanie........i know what you mean about people thinking you're crazy......i've pretty much kept it to myself my whole life......because i didn't know that it had a name, etc until this past january when i found this forum. i have learned tons about it......and gotten lots of help and made some really good friends. i decided to tell my husband about my phobia after finding this......i had him read several posts by people that sounded alot like my feelings......so maybe he would get a better idea of this terrifying fear.......he says he couldn't really understand......but that he would totally support me. so i'm thankful now that i don't have to hide it from him......or worry about him making fun of me.

feel free to post as much as you want.......whether you're scared or just want to vent on how sucky this phobia can be at times.......

hope we help you feel better
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Stephanie!

I'm 22 also and recently have started to struggle really badly with this phobia.

I hope you find some comfort here.

Welcome to the forum stephanie, glad you found it

Welcome!!! I hope that you find this site to be helpful. I know I do :-)