Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New here + rambling

I can't even begin to explain how much relief there is on finding this site, I was actually just googling how to get over the fear and how to calm down- I've been having panic attacks/anxiety for 6 hours straight today since my brother v*
    He got food poisoning,
    and i ate from the exact same plate he ate from, I'm pretty much terrified and have been up all night unable to sleep because of worrying i might v* - I only have stomach pains and nausea + headaches though currently, and I hope to god it'll stay that way, or better yet just go away in total.

I've had this phobia since i was.. give or take I believe .. 6 years old?
    I'm 14 now, rather young but it's as strong as ever, even someone v* near me makes me feel like fainting and i start having a panic attack immediately.

Right now I'm feeling queasy, which makes me feel absolutely hopeless because there's nothing I can do about it right now, hmm.

Default Re: New here + rambling

Hi Vee and welcome to the site! ye sit's a huge relief when you find out there are other people going through the same thing and that it actually has a recognised name, i always thought i was the only person on earth terrified of being sick and when i discovered iwasn't it was like wow i can't believe i suffered in silence for so long!

I can't guarantee you won't get ill from that food - not what you probably want to hear but i don't believe in lying to people to make them feel better - but the chances are that if you only had a few mouthfuls and didn't split the meal 50/50 then you wouldn't have consumed a big enough quantity of whatever was off to make you ill, or you might just get diarrhoea at worst.

it might not even be food poisoning, it could be a virus - but don't panic - as you can't have got it from sharing his food etc before he got ill, and as long as you make sure that you wash your hands for 20 seconds with normal soap and warm water and dry them on a clean towel before you put your fingers in your mouth or prepare/eat food you will be ok. Read the norovirus facts post in the section titled "Emet Information and Research" as that will put your mind at rest.

Hope you feel better soon x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Firstly, I'm glad you found this site too. There are a lot of helpful resources here not to mention plenty of people who understand what you're going through just as well as you know it.

Are you feeling better yet? Generally, when I feel like that, I will put in a comedy dvd, get a glass of ice water and snuggle into a big blanket and a lot of pillows and try to force myself into a comfortable place so I'll have no choice but to relax and maybe even get some sleep.

Keep us updated and remember to vent if you ever need to. It's awesome that you decided to start researching how to help yourself and I look forward to more posts from you.

welcome to the site.........i was also very relieved when i found this place in january.......it has helped me soooooo much. i know my emet anxiety has been cut in half since coming here and reading other people's posts.

i hope that you are feeling better by now.........i'm sure it was pretty terrifying....waiting to see if you were going to get fp or not...........hope your brother is better too
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.