I feel like my fear of vomiting has been pushed to the max. I have always feared throwing up but it hasn't caused such a big problem in day to day life. Since feeling nauseous everyday for the past 2 months I've been talking about my fear to alot of people. I've never liked talking about vomiting as I always thought that if I did I would jinx myself and it would happen. I spoke to my mum about it alot. My nausea isn't caused by anxiety though, my doctor thinks that there is something going on inside as I have pain too.

Anyway my mother told me that the other night she went out and that on the way home she felt dizzy all of a sudden, fell, hit her head and puked (she doesn't drink so she wasn't drunk). She hadn't been sick properly like that for over 10 years or more she told me. I was feeling so sorry for her not because she hit her head and suffered from a huge headache today as such, but because she threw up and not just that but she threw up IN PUBLIC. I was more embarassed for her than I think she felt for herself! Anyway I feel like because I have been talking about vomiting so much and fretting about it I've brought bad luck to my mum. Her and I are never sick, and isn't it abit of a coincidence that she pukes after not doing it for yearsand me feeling nauseous for 2 months both happening the same time? I find it strange!

Don't you just hate it when everything happens at once? Do any of you believe that talking about or thinking about throwing up will mean that you will? I've always been like that and never liked talking about it. Only recently I have to try and make people understand why I worry so much about the pains in my stomach area.

Who else feels like this? Please help with your stories.