So, I am feeling a little concerned and confused.

A couple of days ago I read that most of our beaches at the lake are severely contaminated with e.coli. (I live in Ohio, they were refering to Lake Erie.) TheEPA tests often and posts little signs stating the conditions and dangers, but no one seems to care. They swim anyway.. The article also said that even the sand is contaminated, which pisses me off because I enjoy taking my daughter to the lake during the summer. I read while she makes sand castles. Now I am going to worry about the safetly of doing this.

Today there was something on CNN (i think) about the safety issues of summer. They were talking about swimming pools. They said that everyone getting in the water should shower ahead of time to clean themselves. (incase they have microbes you know where that weren't cleaned properly) There is a certain strain of bacteria that pool chemicals do not kill. It is found in the stool and acts like a stomach virus. I guess there is something going on right now in Georgia or something with breakouts due to this bacteria and swimming pools, especially public pools. Well, my mom has a pool and also my daughter will be going to the public pool this summer with day camp very often...

Okay, so that all sucks.. Whatever, what are you gonna do? Right? Well then I am starting to let my mind wander. I am wondering, when people pick these bugs up from pools if they are then able to be spread. Say, a kid goes to the pool, ends up sick a couple days later, the microbes are still within his digestive tract and he isn't very sanitary, when he touches something does it become contaminated? Also, I am assuming that the e. coli from the beaches can be spread this way as well. I remember the whole Jack in the Box thing in California, lots of kids were actually catching it in the day care centers, they hadn't had any ground beef. Also they said that doctors tend to just say it's a virus and treat it like a virus unless there is blood present in the stool or there is a high fever.

So, with all of these thoughts... It feels as if we are as unsafe now as we are in the winter. I think we should all just live our lives and do what ever without thinking of vomit consequences because otherwise we are going to have to live in a bubble.