Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Preggo advice needed--38 weeks and having d

I've had a relatively easy pregnancy esp for someone with anxiety/depression and emet. My anxiety of course has amped up the closer I get to labor and delivery but I'm trying to stay positive. Yesterday at my 38 week appt I started to feel funny and had a major panic attack (by myself while the baby's heartrate was being monitored). I even lied to the nurse and said i had to leave early because my husband was in a car wreck Just so I could 'escape' after the ultrasound. Well, I never really felt quite well after that and today I have started with loose bowels and now have d. It's just all too much to handle. If this is a sign of labor then ok but if I have a bug or something I don't know what to do. It's not severe (so far) I just feel off and uncomfortable. Any moms out there experience this at the end of pregnancy? Part of me wants this all over and part of me is so scared of what's to come. I just hate now knowing how/when it will happen, what's normal/not normal, etc. It's not severe enough to call the doc at this point so I am just resting and trying to stay hydrated. Sigh. What have I gotten myself into

Edited to add: One of my biggest fears these days is that I will be trapped at the hospital when I go into labor. This freaks me out because I cannot escape no matter how much I want to. I know I'll probably be wrapped up in the process of labor but I just cannot calm down about it and know I'm going to freak out while there. I've never spent the night in a hospital before and am very much a homebody--my home is safe. I wish I didn't care and could just enjoy this wonderful process. I mean, having a child is a beautiful thing. Yes, it's stressful and painful but I can handle pain just not panic and major anxiety or feeling ill. Anyway, thanks for listening

Default Re: Preggo advice needed--38 weeks and having d

Hello, hope you are feeling better. Yes, your body does some strange things at the end of pregnancy, like reflux, feeling full, peeing a lot, and diarrhea too. It's said that it's the body's way of emptying out before labor. Also the hormones don't help things either.
    Advice for labor: breathe!! Any way you want, not lamaze stuff. Also, ask for an anti emetic in your IV, just to be sure. And I don't think you will feel trapped at the hospital. There will be sooo much going on and other things to think about that you won't have time!! Funny though, I did wonder how I would escape if there was a fire after I had the epidural. My legs were like stone!!! No feeling, but it was great though. Really, you will be fine...will you have your hubby or sig. other there with you? That really helps. And also, explain to the nurses how you feel, don't hide it. They have heard everything and won't even bat an eye. BEST OF LUCK and keep us posted!!!

Default Re: Preggo advice needed--38 weeks and having d

Hi all and as always thanks for the responses--love this forum!

Well, yesterday early evening I started feeling almost hungry in my tummy but still crampy in the intestines--so weird. I ate some noodles in broth and they tasted very good but I started cramping again. I never had d again and actually got a bit of energy later in the night. But I still just felt off. I took a nice long shower and slept pretty well (for 38 weeks!) but woke up feeling very empty and weak. I knew I had to eat although I was dreading it. I finally just now had some very bland combination (some apple, banana, cheese and pretzel) and hope everything goes well. My depression and anxiety just make this pregnancy so hard and I find myself wondering if I made a mistake. But then I feel so guilty thinking of this precious baby girl and how she's going to need me even more once she gets here. And I think of my loving and supportive husband who has been amazing throughout. He can't wait to be a dad. So obviously I am very lucky and blessed and should focus on THAT. I'm just such an OCD planner and not knowing how/when/where labor will occur has me feeling like I'm in a straightjacket! My mom is 4 hours away but texted with me all day yesterday and helps so much and my 2 dogs are by my side everyday. My husband and my mom (if she makes it on time) will be with me in delivery. I'm just so much better when I'm alone and can "cope" in my own way with the panic and feeling sick. Well I won't be able to do that in hospital. Perhaps this is just a "the anticipation is worse than the actual thing" experience for me--I'm going to do my best to stay positive. After all, she's coming out one way or another and there is nothing I can do about it!

Thanks again for responding. Just knowing others understand (for real) makes a big difference.