Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: is this weird?

the last time i v*, igot the flu. i went home sick from school because
    i was n*, but hadn't v* yet. i went home, just layed around with my
    mom, i was really nervous but i started to feel a little bit better. my
    mom said she had to go pick up my dad at the train station. i was
    nervous about her leaving, but she would only be gone 5 minutes. i
    got up to go to the bathroom i thought i was gonna have a bm*, i
    was sitting down,andi just jumped up and v*..just my luck. the one
    time my mom is gone. i freaked out.

now whenever im a little nervous, or im a little n* i can't go in that
    bathroom. and i can't wear the clothes i wore when that heppened.

does anyone else have something like that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh, yes. I know exactly what outfits I was wearing the last two times I was sick. I couldn't wear them for a long time, but now I can. But, I still think about it everytime I put the clothes on. It is normal to avoid places where "it" happened or things we ate before "it" happened. So, you're definitely not weird. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

thankyou, its great to know im not crazy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awww no you ain't crazy, its the same with me, the last time i v* i remember having dry heeves while watching deal or no deal..now i don't watch it..sounds kind of silly about a program, but i think its just the thought.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I totally understand this. One time, when I was 9, I v* after eating Cheetos, and for the longest time I couldn't eat ANYTHING that was orange. Then I also got sick after eating Boo Berry cereal, and couldn't eat anything that was blue, especially that same cereal! When my son v*, I threw away the clothes he wore that day, even though I didn't really have to.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I got sick after drinking milk when I was little, and I can't do that anymore. I also cant eat bananas when I feel sick, and I can't eat tacos with my dad.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Once I got sick I V*ed and it was all chocolate cause I ate too much, so from then on for a few years I wouldn't eat chocolate. Now I eat chocolate but I strictly monitor how much I'm eating and I won't eat more then two candy bars in a day. The last time I V* about 5 years ago *Knock On Wood* it wasbecause of my Acid Reflux and that was undiscovered at the time, and when I V*ed it was mostly matzah (It was passover at the time) To this day I won't eat anything with Matzah in it but it's not hard since I don't keep kosher for passover and I don't live at home.

I remember this one time I had a SV and my sisters wanted to watch Big Bird In Japan, Haven't watched that movie again to this day. Also with the same SV they wanted to watch Return of the Jedi and it took me YEARS To watch that movie cause I always associated it with V*ing. As it turns out I love Star Wars! I'm glad I didn't let my Emet stop me from seeing it!

So to answer your question you aren't weird...either that WE are all weird but since there are so many of us that would make it normal...does that make any sense?

~Monica

David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Im like that too...with my kids. I definitely won't go anywhere to eat again if my kids got sick that same day.

the most recent person to have a sv in my house was my sister *knocks on wood* but she v* in the upstairs bathroom... where my shower is.... so now, when I go in there to take my shower, I always put the toilet seat cover down. I cannot have it open. also, I will not use that toilet anymore. I only use the downstairs one...the last time I v* was in that toilet too... but that was probably about 8 yrs ago *knocks on wood again!* luckily, I don'tremember what I ate, or what I was wearing... I think I just v* water anyway.. so I don't avoid anything from that experience.