Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

ARGH!!!! I just hate myself sometimes. Last night when I went to pick my son up from summer day camp - he was laying down because he had a slight fever and he told him his tummy hurt. Instantly, my mind starts racing and my heart starts pounding. All I can think of is I can't do this - what if he v* in the car! He didn't know I was there yet, so I went outside and used my cell to call my mom (who lives nearby) and ask her to come get him because I couldn't handle it. What is wrong with me!?! She came right away and picked him up, took him to her house and said he can stay there until my husband got home from work because she knows how I am about illness. God bless her for being as understanding about this situation as she is - but she shouldn't have to come to my rescue when my own son is sick! I went home and cried my eyes out until my husband got home. Some days I just don't know how much more of this stinking phobia I can handle. We're supposed to leave in just over a week for a week long vacation and we'll have to drive 15 hours to get there. My son never did v*, but he did have a fever through the night last night and keeps saying that his stomach husts. My husband stayed home with him today. Now, I'm SO paranoid about this vacation. There just isn't time for a sv* to go through our household in a week in time for everyone to be ok for the trip.

Sorry all - this isa big ass rant - but I just want to be somwhat freakin normal sometimes!

I hope this turns out to be nothing serious with your son. I know I would be anxious too, esp. with a trip coming up. Could he have strep throat or something of the like? I know that can cause a tummy ache and fever. Some children with strep never even have a sore throat. My niece doesnt.

I hope he gets better soon!!!!

I hope everything is ok with you and your son. Sometimes kids get fevers for no reason and his tummy could hurt because he's nervous or excited about vacation.

I know how haed it is when your kids are not feeling well. I hope everyone stays healthy, and you enjoy your vacation! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks all. I'm feeling much better today. My little guy stayed home with Dad yesterday and was running around like a wild thing by the time I got home. We actually think he got dehydrated while out on his camp adventure that day. It was almost 90 degrees outside and they exerted alot of energy climbing up hills. So - no v* this time and I really don't think any sv* around to be worried about. (knocking wood).

Thanks again for letting me vent! Hope everyone has a great day!

I am so glad all is well. Isnt it funny how we automatically think the worst when someone has a headache or says their stomach hurts? It is very possible that your son just got too hot at day camp.

I hope you all have a great time on vacation .......... where are ya'll going?

Jenny-

We're driving (UGH) to Hilton Head Island for my niece's wedding and just making it a week long family vacation. 22 people from our side of the family are going from all over. I haven't seen alot of them in a very long time. Really looking forward to it!

Thanks again for thesupport. You know how it goes with this phobia - some days are better than others. Yesterday was NOT a good one.

good luck with the drive. how old is your son and do you have DVDs for the car?
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

all us mums know how you feel it is hard but your a brill person and well done !!

Oh my gosh, marby, you are going to be like only 2 hours away from me this weekend. We go to Hilton Head on vacation sometimes. I like it because there is a pretty good amount of things to do, but its not too, too far away from home. How far of a drive is it for you?

I hope everything goes well and that you all have a great time!!!!

Hi Jennie -

We'll be in the car for a whopping 13 hours! We have 2 boys who are 6 and 15 (although sometimes they reverse ages/behavior) and yes, we had the portable DVD player checked out to be sure it worked! Wouldn't attempt that drive without it My niece is getting married in Harbor Town, so we have relatives from all over the U.S. meeting there for the wedding. Can't wait...

What's the story with the alligators? The vacation rental company sent us a welcome package that talked about staying away from the gators. My 15 year old thinks he's going to hunt them and my 6 year old is freaked. Are they out and about around the island?

I remember one time when I was there as a teenager, and we were staying in one of my parents friends condo's, I got up one morning and looked out the sliding glass door and there in the back yard was a alligator. She had like a little lagoon or pond or something in her back yard, I guess the gator lived there. I also remember (on this same trip) riding by some lagoon/pond on my bike and seeing one, I remember it freaked me out and I got back to the condo in a hurry. We were down there two summers ago, and I didnt see any alligators, I guess the rental co. is just trying to tell people that they are on the island, and for people to just be aware of that, and not try and mess with them. So, no gator hunting for your oldest son!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I hope ya'll have a great time!!!!

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

There are so many things that can cause stomachache, especially in kids. And they don't know how to describe exactly what it feels like, either, which makes it so hard! I'm sure he'll be fine!