Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Weird: MIL Sick

This is kind of weird, but the last few days (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) I haven't been feeling well. Stomach pains, but no runs; fatigue; constantly cold, no appetite; weird taste in my mouth. I thought maybe it was from nerves, but I talked to my MIL not too long ago, and she's sick now. She was over yesterday for a couple of hours. She's sick much worse though. She has fatigue and the chills, but she's had d* all day and n*. I was never n* just no appetite. She had to let me go b/c she felt like she was going to be sick. She also has a fever and is achy likeI was. I feel bad. I don't know if I gave it to her or not. My husband is fine. He never gets sick from me though. I was just wondering if I gave it to her or she caught it somewhere else? I'm also wondering if she was contagious last night when she was here. She felt fine yesterday though and went out to eat. She started feeling sick later this morning. Is there anyway I can get what she has?

Sounds like she has what you've had, but just a worse case of it. Maybe your immune system was in better shape than hers and she got more symptoms. If you haven't had d* or v* by now I wouldn't worry. Hope you feel better!
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

thanks falon. i feel better. i just don't want to get what she has. i was around her yesterday for a couple of hours, but she wasn't sick then. i guess it does no good worrying about it. what do u guys think? i think i'm more worried about my new job.

MIL sounds like she may have the flu?

no. it's an sv. nausea and the runs and fever. she said it's going around. she's a nurse.

well then she probably got it from some patient that she was around or lots of them, but if you don't get it inthe next few days you probably won't. YOu probably won't get it anyway because your immune system is probably in pretty good shape, heck mines not and I don't get sv very often anyway

Now my husband's not feeling well. I don't know if it's b/c he had a long day and didn't eat much or if it's from drinking one of those stupid shakes he has all of the time basically on an empty stomach. I just don't want to get sick again. I was already not feeling well all weekend. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Its not one of those protein shakes that you take after going to the
    gym is it. Taking those on an empty stomach is just asking for
    trouble - I know, I used to do it. they can give you REALLY
    bad cramps and gas and nausea.

Iain

Yeah. It was a stupid protein shake. I think he's felt like this before. He does get really bad gas from it. The weird thing is is that I was eating spagetti by him and he asked me to get out b/c he said the smell was bothering him, which is not like him. I shouldn't be obsessing over this. What do you think?

Ok I feeling like you are at the moment, cold tired bowels acting up weird,dont know whats going Im starting to sweat at the moment dont know if its because of the nerves at the moment now..

Im starting to feel very scared that something is going to happin , I dont know if I can handle this being here on my own.

its like I need to go but I cant well I have but feels more like d* than anything else..

my god I dont know what im gona do if I v* on my own [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

princessmel, I wouldn't be concerned about his sensitivity to smells. If his stomach's feeling strange because of that shake it's perfectly normal to be sensitive to those kinds of things. That's always a part of nausea for me, even when I'm just nervous and having a panic attack the smell of food can literally make me gag. I had an attack in a restaurant once, big family get-together so I didn't want to leave, but I was about to v* from the smells.
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

Yeah smells when you are n* really make things worse. It was probably just one of his protien shakes that's doing it to him. I wouldn't worry about it. Even if he does get sick it sounds like you already had this virus and probably wouldn't get it again, even if you did give it to him.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Thanks guys for your replies. You r right about the sensitivity about smells. I was like that this morning b/c I started my new job. Talk about nerve wracking, but I made it through. I haven't worked since October. Bryan looks really tired. He's a personal trainer and had 9 clients in a row today. He was went to get Subway, so he must not be too sick. I'm pretty good when it comes to this phobia, but man do I hate these stupid svs. I wish they would just go away.

Violet: Could u have PMS at the moment? I usually get hot and cold flashes when I have PMS. How are you feeling now? Sorry i couldn't get to this and reply sooner, but I fell asleep.

hey, I am due on at the moment yes hun..

Do you think it could be that,had some cramps ect this evening when I got stuck for an hour talking to my gran now dont get me wrong I love my gran but shes just had her hip done and she loves to talk and when your standing there wanting to double over in cramps thinking your period has just landed and still have to walk about for about an hour to get shopping ect I wasnt happy lol..

but anyway,no it didnt come earlier I really hope it is,I never actually thought about that,to much stress at the moment with the sv's going around and well just general life as we all know..

Well done for getting through the new job today really really happy for you and proud

hope Bryan rests up and feels a little more bright and chirpy soon..

Also keep doing a fantastic job with coping with whats going on at the moment *hugs*

Im still feeling a little n* at the moment and tired shivery cold but I really do hope that it is my period *crosses fingers*

Thankx again xx

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm sure it is your period coming. Sometimes I get cramping and start to feel like junk two weeks before or when I'm ovulating. It's not fun. I do get cold too around my period. It could also be from stress. Just try to relax and let me know how you are feeling. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

awww mel you are a princess

you ever need a chat rant or anything you can find me on msn as : falling_like_my_tears:hotmail.com

Im at the moment trying to eat a choccie biscuit as they are my fav but still feel n* and bowels are all being silly,anyone want to swap bodys lol only kidding id never let you put up with it love you guys to much xx

I'm glad things have calmed down for you. I hope you enjoyed your first day of work!

Thanks tabycat. Things have calmed down somewhat. Work went pretty well today. I was just thinking about Saturday night. Now I'm starting to obsess again. Here we go. I think my MIL accidently coughedat or close to my face on Saturday. She was fine on Sat. She got sick on Sunday with the n* and d*. Was I exposed or do symptoms need to be present?

princessmel,

From what I understand the person becomes infectious once the first symptoms of a sv start, so a cough in the face before symptoms should be OK, if not a little annoying that she would cough in your face anyway (even tough you say it was an accident)

Iain

I know that sounds stupid. A cough in the face lol, but we were untangling a wind chime that she bought me and we were real close to each other. That's how it happened. Thanks for the advice.

Hey Mel, glad your first day of work went well!!!

Thanks Kellybean. I was nervous all day, but I made it through. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]