Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Exposure to sv

Default Exposure to sv

a girl in my class came in today saying she was feeling better after having a sv since Sunday! She'd only stopped v* 4pm yesterday and was in today. She was eating food and didn't run off at any point, but doesn't this mean she's still contagious?!

I'm so angry at how nobody cares about spreading viruses in classroom!!! I tried to be as strict as possible with touching my face etc, I washed my hands before I ate. But she sits at my table and she's been at least a meter in distance away from me. Am I exposed? I'm home now trying to not think about it I'm drinking some grape juice too...

Really hate winter!!!

Default Re: Exposure to sv

Well she's either lying or grossly exaggerating. If she'd been v*ing for 48 hours and had just stopped a few hours ago she wouldn't have been eating in your class, of that I am 100% certain. Perhaps she 'took a few days off' and is sticking with the story that she had a sv* as nobody questions that. With a cold you have to still sound stuff, etc. I did the same when I was in college a few times - I admit it!

No matter what, I'm sure she showered, etc. since she was 'sick'. If she had HONESTLY been v*ing for 48 hours straight she wouldn't have had anything left in her to poop out, so there's no particles for you to have caught this morning. Really don't think there's anything for you to worry about.

Trust me, I couldn't eat for a day at least when I had a SV* so I think she is just over exaggerating. Plus, I am sure there are no particles on her because I would assume she would have washed etc, after using the bathroom. So don't worry about it.

I do hope she was exaggerating because I'm having such a hard time eating for fear of being sick later! I'm just confused how she could still be v* 4pm yesterday and be fine today? And of course eat too!

Ugh, just ruins my day when someone announces they've been v*.

My friend was sick THE NIGHT BEFORE class and came anyway, later I found she was sick by saying she was "still recovering". I was fuming, I had been off guard all day and *knew* I'd get sick. I didn't, I think you've taken good measures to prevent it and the girl most likely was exaggerating, so you probably won't either.