Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm not feeling quite right today. I am a little n*, and I'm not sure if it is morning sickness or the usual emet nerves kicking in. I felt okay when I got up, but not long after I got to work I felt kind of n*. I ate a muffin and did okay, but it kind of comes and goes now. I am only about 4 1/2 weeks pregnant, so it is probably a little too early for morning sickness to start, isn't it? I'm afraid it might be somehting else so I am hesitating to try and eat anything else (plus that fact that the sound of food is like bleh). I was going to call the doctor Monday morning, but I think I might call today to get some advice in case it is morning sickness. DOes anyone else have in good remedies in case that is what it is?

Ginger? I have never been pregnant so I don't know how effective it is with morning sickness, but I find it helps me with almost any kind of nausea

How much ginger and in what form? I have heard that same thing - especially for pregnancy. I am not sure what kind or how much you can take when you are pregnant. I think I will call my doctor and see, but I bet it is all just nerves anyway. I also feel my IBS acting up a little bit which is a good indicator that it is from anxiety.

Ginger snaps, crystalized ginger, Lipton ginger twist tea and ginger ale.

Its not too early to feel morning sickness. I know that certain smells make me nauseous.

Oh yea...ginger ale usually helps me A LOT. I eat a lot of crushed ice too!

I definitely had some morning sickness around 4 weeks, so that is probably what's going on with you. Maybe try those motion sickness wrist bands??? I don't know.
    \"This too shall pass\"

You could totally be starting to feel the lovely effects of morning sickness. I agree with everyone else, ginger ale (or ginger tea), try those wrist bands. For me, bananas helped ALOT! Everyone is different, but it can't hurt to try! Just think of it this way....baby is getting bigger everyday, and amazing things are happening at this stage! Keep your eyes on the prize (baby!).

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

i think you can not use those wrist bands when u are pregnant ask your doctor go to walmart and buy ginger tablets there pills like vitamens take one a day or whatever it tells u on the bottle they work wonders it is probally morning sickness it started early for me also dont drink coke its bad for baby drink gingerale it works good also and saltine crackers oh ya also i use to eat black licorice( spelled wrong ) black only not red it works great cause it has anise and that is wonderful for tummy prombles anise and chamille two great herbs for nausea u can buy them at the market boil them in tea and drink that

I ate a lot of jelly beans.. the Dr. told me that the sugar rush would help with N* and it did work. I am so excited for you and I want to tell you that it is so worth all this bleh feeling. you will love the prize at the end and even being an EMET is till o.k. with a kid. Keep a little food in your tummy at all tiimes
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I went to Noodles & Company with a coworker for lunch and got plain buttered noodles with parmesean cheese. I ate them really slowly and they seemed to help. I also keep sucking on mints and they seem to help for a while too. I am working on a grocery list so I can get everything people are suggesting. Ginger Ale is at the top!

Also, anything that you can suck on that dissolves slowly is good. It calms you down and makes you breath slowly and all that helps. You will do great and I am so excited for you. My Dr. told me that as long as you feel N*, you know everything is good, so I wasn't too upset about it. I was older than you and I was considered high risk, so you have it made in the shade.

TRY to live each day like it were your last

I hope I have it made in the shade. My husband called a little while ago and apparently he couldn't wait to tell everyone at work. I would have liked him to wait a little longer to make sure everything goes well, but now I guess everyone knows!

Wrist bands are ok for pregnancy. They didn't work for me, though.

I found that I did best when I didn't eat three big meals, just small stuff throughout the day and nothing heavy. Weird, but sucking on cold lemon drops (stored in the refrigerator) made me feel better. I also felt the worst when I was tired. Temperature affected me, too. I felt cold all the time for whatever reason, but then if I got too hot I'd get n*. I used emetrol, too, but I don't think it really worked. My dr. told me I could try unisom if it got really bad, but it never did.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I am so so so happy for you sillygirl! That definitely sounds like
    monrning sickness... But you know what, morning sickness is the worst
    when your hungry. So before you even sit up in bed, have a couple
    crackers (saltines) and a little water. Eat very frequently but little
    things. Like constant snacking. Don't let yourself get hungry and you
    wont feel sick. I dont know from personal experience, but I know from
    second hand experience. I am so happy fo ryou!!!!!!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Crackers, crackers, and more crackers! Keep them babies with you to nibble on so you stomach never gets empty. I have 5 kids, and you will be amazed at the results!!

Sounds like morning sickness is starting!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Hey Sillygirl!

Congratulations, what awesome. I'm so excited for you pregnant gals (I want it to be one day so you give me great courage!).

When my best friend was pregnant last year she did best when she, like others have said on here, kept her stomach happy with a little food in there. She also loved to suck on lemon drops, mints and suckers and apparently she said that eating cherries also helped a little.

I know that it's a scary time for an emet, but just think of the reward at the end and know that every minute of this is SO incrediblyworth it! Stick around and share your story,keep us all updated andof course know we'll all be here for you!

All my blessings and well wishes :O)
    ~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

mommyof3 - I agree with you about being tired. I didn't get much sleep Thursday night and felt kind of bad on Friday, but I slept a lot Friday night/Saturday morning and felt much better on Saturday. I am mainly just really tired and having lower backaches. I have also had some cramping today too which kind of makes me nervous. It is kind of like period cramping - but not really severe. I had it a few days ago, then it stopped, then it started again today. I hope it's nothing.

Sillygirl,

That cramping is normal. Unless its severe and/or accompanied by bleeding...dont worry!

You are just feeling the "joys of being pregnant"[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

My main symptoms have been very tired and crampy off and on. The cramps are getting better.

I am more than willing to take the cramps, backaches and tiredness if it means no morning sickness! I talked to my mother in law a little while ago and she said that with all four of her kids she was really n* but never v*d. And she is definitely NOT an emet. That kind of gave me some encouragement! If a non-emet can do it, so can an emet, right?

Another weird one I have had is everything tastes funny. No matter what it is - especially when I have been craving it - as soon as I take a bite it tastes weird. Is that pregnancy or maybe I'm just getting a cold?

Sillygirl....I had cramping too, and freaked out, and went to emerg. Turns out it was implantation cramping. Alot of women feel this around 5ish weeks, it's just baby really "burrowing" into your uterus. Don't worry!

Crystal

You are doing so good! I have never been pregnant but wanted to add that I had looked it up before in the home rememdy book and I believe I remember reading not to eat and drink too close together (like 20 minutes or so apart) to help morning sickness.Your'e going to be fine and so is your baby, just a gut feeling (no pun intended)
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hello, congrats on the news! I too have had a child and nothing helped morning sickness more than saltines for me and eating ice 24/7.....The reward is good but when you are a sever emetaphobe like me...you sometimes don't realize how good of a reward a child is! Hang in there it will be over and your prize will be here in no time!

staciekini20 - did you v* with your morning sickness or just feel n*?

So far I do not have a problem eating and drinking together. I also really don't have aproblem in the morning - it usually hits me more in the afternoon or evening. If it stays like it is, I can totally handle it. I am just scared it is going to get worse. Does it pretty much hit you at full force from the beginning, or does it gradually get worse? Edited by: sillygirl

It depends on your body....I knew a girl who didn't get m/s until her third trimester (how rare is that???) For myself, i was N* for a couple weeks, although that could have neen anxiety related, and then at 6 weeks the actual v*ing started, was the worst about 10 weeks, and was gone by 18 weeks. BUT, this is someone who is coming from a family who are DEBILITATING sick while pg. Mine was the "easiest" so far. Hence, I am an only child, as is my mom....and mom and grandma aren't emets! My best friend has slight n* for a while, then felt great. Totally depends on you, and usually family history.

Hang in there, m/s is a good sign that baby is developing....no m/s doesn't mean it's not though...I'm rambling....better go!

Keep it up preggy!!!

Crystal

I actually v* near the end of my pregnancy. I think it was reflux due to my belly being big and the baby pushing on my stomach.

I am having the same problem with things tasting weird. I did not have that with my other kids. I cannot stand the smell of coffee.....[img]smileys/smilies_40.gif[/img]UGH! It makes me feel so nauseous!

I have a really sensitive sense of smell, but nothing so far has really triggered n*. I still wonder sometimes if mine is more anxiety based. I really don't know what real n* feels like. Most of the time when I feel n* lately it is kind of a tight, gnawing feeling higher up - I am out of Tums but I think they might actually help.

I find the more I think about it, the worse I feel. If I am doing something else, keeping busy, I dont really feel anything. I really wonder if it's all just anxiety. I am only a little over 4 weeks so I guess time will tell. I haven't tried the suggestions my doctor gave me yet - vitamin B-6 or ginger since I'm not really sure it is m/s. If it keeps up I might though. It's kind of like my emet. If I read a bunch of posts on here about people being sick I feel n*. WHen I read about m/s I start to feel it. But today I was reading posts on a forum from people who don't have any m/s and all of a sudden, I felt better. It's amazing how much of your stomach is controlled by your brain!

If you are right about the family history, then I shouldn't have any. Yay!! That would be wonderful!

madisonsmom - did you v* at the end of all your pregnacies or just one?

No...it was only with Madison. It only happened 2 times and it was while I was eating. I did not feel bad when it happened. I had real bad reflux with her. My belly was SO big with her.

I have had great pregnancies. I have only had some n* with each one, no v*,and I am hoping this one is the same.

You may not have any m/s at all.

The gnawing feeling you describe sounds like m/s to me. Keep eating. It's the best thing for it. As soon as you feel one hunger rumble, eat. Don't wait. I find that it progresses very quickly to full blown nausea where you can't even fathom putting food in your mouth within 15-30 minutes. I've got snacks with me everyday now and seem to be doing a tremendous amount of burping that I don't remember with my other two. But, so far, so good. You are right, keeping busy is the best thing. I don't have time to be sick. I am constantly running two kids everywhere! As for the Coke (saw someone mention it was bad for the baby), buy the caffeine free kind if you are nervous about the caffeine. That's the only bad thing about regularCoke. There's something in Coke that really settles my stomach better than gingerale. Try both and see which one works. I made it through two pregnancies/deliveries with no V* and I'm sure you will too. I had a very sensitive nose with only one pregnancy and remember not being able to shop at the grocery store in that 8-12 week range because I could smell the fish department from the opposite end of the store! It would turn my stomach big time. I would also recommend taking your prenatal vitamin before bed. That was a huge help for me. Most of all relax, get lots of fresh air and eat, eat, eat!

My mom never got M/S with my two sisters (I was adopted so I don't know about my mom) but one day when she was pregnant with my one sister she got hives! She got too cold and she got hives! That's weird cause my sister is allergic to the cold. I know that sounds weird but if my sister gets too cold her finger swell up and she gets hives and her throat swells shut...and she usually V*s. Anyway I know NOTHING about M/S. I just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Well, I had my first food aversion today. My boss brought in steamed cabbage to eat at lunch. As soon as the smell hit me I had to run out of the room - literally. It was horrible! I was fine as soon as I was away from the smell, but a few seconds longer and who knows what would have happened[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]!

I have been eating tons. It was kind of hard at first but it is getting easier. As an emet, my first instinct when I don't feel good is to not eat, but that just doesn't work right now!

Today was the first day I really feel pregnant. My boobs feel sore and swollen, My pants feel kind of tight, probably just bloated, but still. I just feel . . . uncomfortable. Only 35 1/2 weeks to go!