Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anger and HATE!

I am not a very hateful person. I even refuse to use the word hate even when I'm talking about my worst enemy.....but I can honestly say I HATE this phobia.I can't even picture myself with out it. It's like being a girl. I've been a girl since I was born and I can't picture myself a man not that I would want to be (no offense guys). That tells me that I AM this phobia, and I don't want to hate myself. I don't even know what life would be like if I didn't have this phobia. My son is acting off tonight and he has a Balloon stomach as apposed to anIron stomach. I am so mad at myself right now because I just want him to go to bed and it's only 6:00pm here. I'm tired of being scared....it's not even scared anymore.....it's almost like I'm angry when someone is sick...including my kids. I don't want to be an angry person. I dont want to be mean to ppl when they are sick. I hate it so much! I need help. BADLY!! I don't even know if it will work. Anybody have any good Ideas of where to get good help? I think I'm ready. I can conquer this mountain! and I WILL!!!! I won't be scared anymore! I won't be angry anymore! Most importantly I won't be hateful anymore!

I know exactly how you feel! I am soooo sick of this consuming me, too! I seriously need to attack this emet thing before it gets the best of me! I just wanted to let you know that someone out there is feeling exactly how you are at this very moment. I am sick of this, too. How can we fix it??? How can we just stop it?? I don't really have any suggestions. I am looking for the same answers.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Ugh, I hear ya both. I'm the same as you, I don't "hate" anyone, even if I reeeealy dislike them lol. But this phobia is so consuming and interferes w/ every aspect of life and it gets OLD! I guess a place to start would be sage's finding a good therapist thread and taking it from there. I do think it's good to realize these things about ourselves and the phobia, because if we ignored it or let it grow then there really wouldn't be any help but acknowledging the hate and anger towards it I think gives a head start. I could be wrong lol. Anyhow you aren't alone this phobia bites!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I have the same problem. I get sick of always panicing. I hate it. I can't relax at school, on excursions, I wonder how different my life could've been. I could be LIKED by people, boys. They don't even talk to me. But I don't know how to tell anyone about it.

Well, you said it! I dislike the word hate myself, but I HATE this too! The constant worry and anxiety. Why can't they find a way to cure us all???

Jess - awwww, hun, you sound sad. How old are you? I get the impression that you feel alone right now. Be reassured, that we are here for you, ok? Post about anything....not just emet stuff. Ok?? Take care.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!