Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: gastritis

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and have had emetophobia all my life and OCD.

I'm in a bad way at the moment. I've felt sick since oct 10th and the doctor had told me it is gastritis. i had to go on my holiday with it and was so scared id beill.

Bascially, its stopping me doing anything, even being intimate with my boyfriend. I'm scarred to eat anything, scarred to do to much and most of all scared to go into public in case im ill. Ok so its mainly a nausea thing and the doctor said she can pretty much garantee that i wont be sick, but theres still one part of me that thinks she might be wrong. I've also been told that this can last up to eight weeks, I've had it for four weeks so far so things dont look good.

Has anyone else had this before? It would help to have someone elses experiences of this

I really don't know if that's what i have or not...i have ongoing nausea for many many months...probably even years.....my stomach goes from being just fine...to feeling like it's all twisted up ...burning...hurting...and the nausea is the worst part of it all...It can strike at any time...without warning..it happens all the time to me.....it may all be anxiety and stress...i really don't know. I am going to get an endoscopy done to see what the problem is....something can't be right with my stomach for this to be happening so often. So, i can't really help you out too much....but I sympathize with you......good luck.K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I have this feeling all the time..for me it comes with stress and anxiety. I think if you havent v* yet you will be fine now. Try and relax, and do something to distract you. I know it is so hard. We are here for you. And welcome by the way.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I was in highschool, my best friend was diagnosed with gastritis. SHE NEVER V*ED from it, though. I mean she did have stomache pain/ab pain.. but never v*... I hope that helps a little better

Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

I have been diagnosed through an upper gi and symptoms with chronic gastritis. Soemdays are better than others, i can even go weks with no symptoms, but I knwo how all of you feel. Gastritis is inflamation of the lining of your stomach, fells much the same way a stomach bug would. I have had this for over 3 years, I have not onece vomited from it. There is a medication called Karafate (may start with a c instead of a k)that works as a temporary bandaid for the stomach that can help your stomach get over a severe attack, you all may want to talk to your dr about it. Also dnt let your dr put you off about this, thre is no need for you to suffer when there are medications out there that will help you. I am currently on Prontonix 40mg, and phenergan as needed. I also have GERD.

I think every one of us here can understand your feeling unfortuanately. I think at one time or another all of us here have had ongoing days of N* and yuck. I know for a fact that I have and many others on here have said the same. That said, don't let this get the best of you..Go and do things...get your mind off it and it will go away. I look at this EMET thing as ugly monster and if I pay attention to him he stays on for days and then I pay more attention to him since I have stomach pain, D*, N* etc. He must be stopped and the less we notice him in our bodies, the less he will be with us.

Try, and I know it is difficult, but TRY to let yourself get involved in anything that will take your mind off of this nasty feel. I wish I could make it go away for all of us, but the magic is in us...we have to do this for ourselves. There will be good days and bad days and we cannot let the bad days rule us.

I wish none of us knew how this felt and that it was a bad dream that we would wake up from, but until that happens, work at focusing on something really special and great for yourself and FEEL BETTER.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Wow, I never knew gastritis was the inflammation of the stomach lining! My doctor told me I had "inflammation of the stomach lining" once when I went in with horrible pains. He prescribed me Cimetidine which is usually for ulcers and it worked pretty well. Over the counter it's called Tagamet and I always keep some on hand! And,nope, I never v* from it! Hope you feel better

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."