Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: diet pills

Hey everyone. I know I posted a couple times about feeling fat and gross, but now I am REALLY feeling like a big tub of lard.

I have a little bit of a gut, and 3 kids yesterday at work asked me if I was pregnant. One today said "Becky you've got a belly" THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POINTNG THAT OUT.

I am thinking about taking diet pills. Will they make me V*? Has anyone ever tried them? And if so, what kind? And what were the side effects?

Please help
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Girl, don't go that route. Just some good old fashion working out, drinking water and cutting fat and sugar will do ya! Have you tried pilates? It's actually kinda fun.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I have no motivation. I say "i'm going to work out and eat less" but when I am stuck eating school lunch because I am so hungry by noon, and when I get home I am so tired from busting skulls all day, I don't have the motivation to go to they gym. I am SO SICK OF BEING IN MY OWN SKIN. I wish I was someone else

is anyone there??????????? I am going nuts

Most of those diet pill commercials you see on TV are scams and ripoffs
    proven by their BBB records (which you can search online).

I urge you to rent last season of "The Biggest Loser" which was a TV
    series on ABC if you haven't already seen it. That is the most
    realistic example of what kind of work is involved to get in shape and
    lose pounds. If a pill did that, then they just would have given
    everyone a perscription in the first episode and it wouldn't have been
    a very exciting reality show.

i want to die

Please don't say that.

If you're having those thoughts you must realize it's really unfair to
    those who love you and us here who can't do anything to help you. Being
    overweight is a lousy reason to take your life because there are things
    you can do about it. It's just work. It's a milestone. Don't throw it
    all away when you can get through it.

I would neevr kill myself. I'm just in one of the moods where I am tired of being me, and tired of feeling fat and ugly. Thanks for caring, you don't have to worry about me taking my own life.

Which kind are you talking about? The old kind, with ephedrine, I've taken (when it was legal). The new ones don't work for crap. PM me if you want.

Have you read "French Women Don't Get Fat?" I'm reading that right now and it is fascinating yet obvious all at once.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

one of my really good friends whats taking diet pills, im not sure which kinda, but they never worked, and they made her feel really dizzy and bloated all the time.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Thanks guys I feel less fat today, and decided not to take them. I
    always overreact.... I apologize for that, but appreciate your
    responses. I think I want to go to the gym and get a personal trainer,
    so i will know what to do and will actually be motivated.

Good for you! Good luck! And, btw, from previous posts about your weight I know you are NOT fat. But exercise and eating right is good for everyone!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Thanks mommy I know I am not, but I dont know it at the same time.
    Some kid at school goes to me today "You look pregnant" I say
    "Thanks...."(sense the sarcasm) and he goes "im sorry miss becky, you
    dont look pregnant youre just fat" I was so upset, but then again I
    know these kids look for buttons to push. AAnother kid says to me after
    "You are not fat, your MAAAADDD skinny. You should put on some weight"
    I was like I LOVE YOU!

bexcelica,

I feel your pain. I went through a divorce in 2003 and lost down to a size 6 (doing it the wrong way - not eating, etc) and then last year met a wonderful man and have remarried. I am very happy now but have gained 30 lbs back. Last week I started the Sugarbusters diet but also have been trying Dexatrim natural (no caffeine) diet pills as appetite suppressants. They seem to work ok and have not made me feel ill or bothered my tummy at all. Good luck on losing weight. It is SO frustrating! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Bex,

Sorry I didn't see this post before! I would like to lose about 20 pounds. Weight Watchers has worked for me in the past. I don't think diet pills are a good idea! Let's chat about it soon! We can keep each other motivated!

MaryEdited by: harmonygirl72
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Hehe kids are awesome. The one and only 'diet' Ive ever been on (it was more of a healthy eating kick really) lasted all of two days, but the idea was good.. at the time, I posted at a random message board, and a whole bunch of ppl were trying to lose weight together, n posting what they had had to eat that day, along with exercise n what theyd lost when they got to milestones n that, having someone else to do it with seemed to work really well for a lot of them, even over the net.

I dont rate dieting myself.. I think, perhaps with the exception of people who are unhealthily overweight, that youre meant to be the weight you are. Your body tells you what it needs, when youre hungry you should eat. The whole world at the moment seems unnaturally skinny, n its wrong.. just... wrong *Nods*