Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I had my first day of work yesterday...and it was great. I was so nervous. I was nervous just wondering if people were going to like me, I was nervous if I was going to be in pain cause of my stent in my kindney and most of all I was nervous cause of my emet. But I can say that I had no problems. I worked a 10 hour shift, and I had no pain and no panic attacks. This is the first time I worked in over a year and I was really scared that I would feel sick, and I had no where to turn too. It was scary at first but I actually felt great. I ate lunch and NEVER even had a twinge of emet. I couldn't believe it. I felt emet free yesterday. I actually think that having a job will make my emet better cause I don't have time think about it.

I am so excited about my job. Everyone seems nice, and I could tell I will be a good fit. I have about 6 months of traing, but since I was a 911 dispatcher for 6 years before it might be lessend to about 4 months. I will be working 12hour shifts so will only be working 3 twlve hour days a week and one 8 hour day every other week so I willl have a 4 day weekend every other week, which is very nice. I would rarher have more days off.

I am excited about my job, its great to be working again, even if I have to work through the pain and fevers (I constantly have an elevated temp cause of the stent which is normal). I can't wait to really start working. I am very fortunate to have gotten this job, and I feel very lucky, and now for once my life is changing for the good!

Michele

Way to go Michele! Definitely sounds like a triumph to me!
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

That sounds great, Michele. I am so glad that your first day went well!

Jess

I was wondering about you and how your first day went. I'm so glad to hear that it is going great and that you're so enthusiastic! I hope it continues!! Have fun! Four day weekend---- You lucky duck [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

hey michele,thats great news to hear about your first day...really proud of u!!!like u say i think its what u needed ,to go back to work,i have found that,that when i don't have anything much to do my mind starts working overtime...it sounds like things went really well and i'm sure in time u might come up against situations with your emet but i know u can get through it and overcome what isever thrown in your way!!!

keep us updated take care vicky x

way to go michele!!