Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay. So this Friday my daughter has a check up at the doctor's office. Does anyone out there get anxious about taking them to the doctor when they are well for fear of what they will pick up??? I am not at all looking forward to Friday! She's been so healthy lately (knock knock on wood!)that I am notused to having to be there. We used to always have to go for her athsma, but she is doing much better now and I really can't remember the last time we visited the pediatrician. I feel out of practice!

Her office has the whole sick side and well side, but I don't think once you get back in the rooms they discriminate! Plus, the sicko's have to walk through the well side after they check out. How does that make any sense???? I hate this.

Maybe I don't have to take her.. I mean.. She's fine. Now that she's older is it okay to stop check ups??? Or, is that being irresponsible and feeding into the fear?? Should I put it off until spring? Not go? Or just be a good mom and face it? BTW, I think she's supposed to get her flu shot then, too. But, I can also get that through her allergist... What to do???
    \"This too shall pass\"

I hear ya. But what if you do this: Take her, have her bring her own book to read in the waiting room instead of touching the other germy books, etc. After she is examined, give her some purell. Most sv* are transmitted through touching, not the air (unless you are literally around someone ving*). Then when you are actually out of the office, do the purell again. I'm so afraid of my kids becoming emets that I do the purell thing, but I always emphasize the getting colds aspect instead of sv*. You know, tell her it's just good hygiene when you've been around others who may be ill. Plus, most kids aren't taken to the dr. for a simple sv*, it's usually stuff like ear infections, etc. Oh, and make sure she goes to the bathroom before you leave home so she doesn't have to use the one there! LOL!

I'm all for regular yearly checkups; my son appeared perfectly fine last year but she checked him out and noticed some growth issues and he needed to see an endocrinologist. Everything's fine now, btw, but it made me a real believer in yearly checks.

HTH
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

i feel the same way like when my daugther has to go to the doctors i leave my son with my mom or mother in law same goes for when my son has a well check up i hate going to doctors offices and all those infected toys i never let my kids play and if they do i wash there hands over and over when we get on the office or even at times i wait outside with my kids till they call me in the room