Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

for my annual exam. I told her that my husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I told her about my emetophobia. I even used the word "emetophobia" and did not explain what it meant. I asked her if there was anything available to help while I am pregnant (with morning sickness and stuff) and she told me that as soon as I get pregnant, if I have any problems with morning sickness she has some natural things to try, but she does have medications if I don't think they are working. I was just so glad that she 1) seemed to actually know what emetophobia is, 2) didn't blow it off like it was nothing, and 3) was willing to do things to help me. It made me feel a lot better about getting pregnant!

I am so excited for you.. you will feel fine and knowing that you feel a little yuck and it is not an SV makes it almost a little better feeling. I liked knowing that 9 months of feeling a little N* was o.k since I knew I wasn't going to V* and it wasn't an SV.

You will do great!!!
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I am just ready to get pregnant now! Sitting here worrying about the what if's doesn't help. It would be better to just expereince and realize that everything is okay. She did tell me that the ovulation predictor I was using is the best. She was a little concerned about my irregular periods incase I wasn't ovulating, but when I told her that I did get a surge on the test, she seemed happier. I hope it doesn't take too long!

That's so cool! I love when doctor's listen.. like really listen and understand what you are saying! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you become pregnant soon! That's great that you have someone who will help you through it!!!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Im so glad your doctor actually listened to you. I remember one time I was in the ER and I was telling the doctor that I was an Emetephobic....he just looked at me and laughed! He was like "emetephobic huh?" and walked away.

I dont think I could ever go through being pregnant. I cant even stand just a little Nausea! Ihope things go well for you!
    *Mandi*

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I am really excited. My husband just got off the phone with his mom who DOES NOT know we are trying. She said she had a dream last night that I was pregnant. Maybe that's a good sign?!!

That's great that you have a doctor who listens to you!

Did she give you pre-natal vitamins to take? Just a suggestion as it's good to have them in your system already as soon as you get pregnant and also give your tummy time to get used to them before possible m/s kicks in. Not to scare you, they never made me v*, but one certain brand made me burp like I had just eaten bbq cornnuts (gross!). They were a newer kind and actually the older tried-and-true (stuartnatals I believe) worked better for me. Of course my last pregnancy was four years ago, so probably the vitamins have all changed again! LOL!!!!!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

mommyof3 - I am on pre-natals. I have been ever since I got off the birth control "just in case." I also wanted to make sure my body was used to that so I wasn't working on that and morning sickness at the same time! I think I am on that brand you are talking about - I do get nasty burps. I take them RIGHT before I go to bad. When I do that, I am fine with them. The other night, though, I took them and then was up for another hour or two and had some stomach cramping. I don't know if it was really the vitamins or just anxiety about the vitamins making me sick.

So now I am not sure if I should switch vitamins. 95% of the time I feel fine with them - not even the burping. Even when I do burp, it doesn't really bother me like it did at first. I guess I am scared to try and switch just in case the new ones make me v*. I guess I almost feel better sticking with what I know rather than trying something new with the potential for v*. What would you suggest?

If you feel good with it most of the time stick with it. They all made me burp and feel gross, so when I found one that I felt pretty good with, I learned to stay with it. I even stayed on it for another year and a half afterwards while I nursed.

TRY to live each day like it were your last

Well, I really couldn't stand those horrid burps. He actually put me on whatever those were (I wanna say nataforte? they were white ones) because they were supposedly easier on your stomach than the old stuartnatals (bigger yellow ones for lack of better description lol). Turned out to be the opposite for me lol. I took them at night, too. But it was over 8 years ago that I started taking prenatals, so I'm sure there are different ones now. I was on them almost non-stop between being pregnant and nursing from 1997 to the end of 2002 (so I guess up until at least then they still made them)! LOL couldn't have handled those burps that long But everyone is different!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>