Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Lack of hygiene

<div>Today I was at a burger bar.

My dad and me ordered a burger each.

My dad paid.

While the cook made my burger I noticed that he did not wash his hands.

First he touched money from other people. Then touched the phone and
    then - without washing his hands first he touched the salad!

I think that is disgusting!

He doesn't even wash his hands before preparing food!

I denied eating my burger and since then my parents have been angry at
    me and now calls me strange and so on. But I am prepared to lose my
    family! I want to be the first person to start this campaign for better
    hygiene! If I have to lose my family because they think I am stupid,
    strange and so on then that is the price I must pay!

There should be instated DEATH PENALTY for not washing ones hands before preparing food! Really there should!

</div>

I agree 100 % that is nasty......no if's and's but's about it....just plain ol nasty and I would not have eaten it either......K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Yeah when I see someone handle money and then handle my food I won't eat it either!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Especially since money is like the dirtiest thing. Around here, they have cashiers, and people in back who make the burger. (THough sometimes I wonder if they're any better). But I totally agree... but disagree w/ the death pejalty. I think that the germs and bacteria on their hands should be multiplied so they can see it... and then eat something they touch! Yuck!
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Although I am an avid, almost obsessive hand washer, I don't think it constitutes the death penalty! I agree that places, especially restaurants, should be more strict about their hand washing rules. I had a similar experience not long ago. Hubby and I were in a fast food restaurant (he loves fast food and I hate it) recently and I went into the bathroom to wash my hands. The cashier that waited on us just waltzed out of the bathroom and out the door without any handwashing, whatsoever! I was so upset and did not eat my food that I had ordered. Hubby got a little upset with me. I really should have reported her, but it probably would not have done any good...

Jess

at least he didn't sneeze or cough on his hand...

that is nasty though. even the kids at the school i work with autmatically wash their hands before they go to work (they have a school to work program where they work in a nursing home kitchen)
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

"Around here, they have cashiers, and people in back who make the burger."

We have the same around here, but not for small burger bars with one man taking care of everything.

Besides of that we have a law which says that food handlers should wash
    their hands (among other rules) before preparing food or they may not
    run a restaurant or burger bar.

Think of all the things we DONT see. It makes eating in a restaurant not such a treat.

Stella

I think only emets should be allowed to be food handlers, there would never be any cases of food poisoning then! lol Im a food handler and am extremely carefull, not all are bad the problem is that alot of fast food restaurants in particular pay really low wages so the employees just dont care about thier jobs.

Im a part time waitress in pizzahut so handle money and food, but i ALWAYS wash my hands in between.The sad thing is, that alot of these restaurants have a standard that hands must be washed every 20 minutes which in my opinion just is not enough.