Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My kids haven't been sick with an sv for a long time now. My daughter is 8 and it has been almost 3 years since she has been sick, my son is 5 and the last time he was sick was when he was around 2. I was wondering if any of you parents out there have had long stretches like this? I keep thinking they have to be doomed any day nowI guess I want to hear that there is hope for me, just knowing other kids hardly get sick reassures me.
    ~Sheri~

My son gets sick pretty often...Don't go by us. He is an easy V*er and I have no clue how I got so lucky.LOL.

Only 2 SV's and that was last OCT. and in APRIL.

He's only 3, so who knows. You are really lucky.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Wish I was that lucky. My 4 1/2 year old daughter has had the sv 3 times in the last year and a half. Prior to that, she'd never had it. She had just turned three the first time. My son, whose 3 1/2 has had it twice (once when he was 1 1/2 and just this past June).

I do have friends whose children are considerably older and have only gotten it once in their life so far, so it's possible!

Sheri,

I feel the same way you do.. I fear when my daughter has been healthy awhile because I just KNOW that means our luck will run out sooner or later.However, maybe you just have kids with great immune systems, who knows I try really hard not to think about it, but I know.. that's almost impossible, huh? All I can say is hopefully it will not be for a very long time and even then I will cross my fingers that your kids will be staying at Grandma's or something (that's what i always hope for)
    \"This too shall pass\"

My 6 year old daughter went two years this last time, but so far the baby, who's almost one, seems to be a bit of a puker...he gets sick with coughs fairly frequently and, well, there you go....
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

thanks for the replies guys, yeah, I know it's bound to happen soon, oh well we just gotta deal! Shiva that's funny how you said hopefully they will be at grandmas, the 2 sv's my daughter has had was at grandmas.....thank god!....my son is a diff story. Carlie and Gubba, my son got his 3 sv's the first 2 years of his life, the first one he was 6 months (caught it from my daughter) but now he's almost six and so far so good...maybe your sons whave built up a stronger immune system early in life, so hopefully they too will have a long stretch without being sick. Oops Carlie i'm sorry I just noticed you have a daughter. I am so much like Pookey....i just want to run if they get sick....I will just try my best to take it day by day...that's all we can do right? Take care all[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~Sheri~

Well, my son is 4 1/2 and I feel he must be doomed too. He got his only sv on December 31, 2003, so he was just about 3. I figure he's due now [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Hopefully not though. He has only had one, and yet I have had 3 since his birth....and of course, one b/c I caught it from him!

Me too...just like Karen, want to run....far, far away.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

My daughter is nearly 6 and has vommed at least once a year every
    year, but you know I'm not sure if they were sv's or not - because if
    they were, neither me nor hubbie caught them from her? Sometimes
    its coz they've eaten something bad etc.
    Thing is, I, like you, spend an awful lot of time thinking well shes not
    been ill for 6 months now, which must mean its long overdue..etc etc,
    but then you carry on for months after that under that big dark cloud
    of worry and shes been absolutely fine, and you think to yourself,
    why the hell have I just wasted 3 perfectly healthy months worrying
    about it?? if someone psychic could tell me - hey you and no-one
    else in your family, are going to be s* in the next two months - I
    would live life like a queen - I would be a totally different person!!
    But unfortunately, I don't think thats gonna happen any time soon,
    do you???

Well, my sons are 15 and 12.....and you all know I am knocking on some serious wood here...but my 15 yr old hasn't in 41/2 yrs now......and my 12 yr old hasn't in 2 1/2 yrs....so I am so sweating it. I feel calmer about it somewhat now...i don't know why,.....maybe b/c they are alittle older now...i don't know...i tend to be more focused on me now...for some reason...i think b/c i have been feeling so bad lately...but anyway the fear will always be there with my kids....but they were so sick so often when they were in the elementary school ages....they were sick 2-3 times a year every single year.......it was so bad for me....maybe they are giving me a break now I am still knocking on wood and crossing my fingers.....K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

You may just be lucky and have kids who are not prone to catching these hideous bugs. My kids are ages 9 and 7. My 9 year old was sick in March of this year. Before that it had been a while - a year or two. My daughter went through a horrible time when she was between 4 and 5 when she had a new stomach bug every few weeks for a period of about 6 months. That about pushed me over the edge. Surprisingly, she has not caught a stomach bug in over 2 years now. Of course, I too am afraid that they are "due" for another one. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I am hoping with age that they will be sick less and less (never maybe??!!).

I don't have kids but I can remember being really sick only once when I was small..I must have been about 3 or 4. I v*d all night but was fine the next day...I think it must have been bad food.

That is honestly the only memory I have of being v* sick when I was little, even all through elementary school i never v*d. The other few times I have i was older and could always handle it on my own, so not necessarily ALL kids are doomed to be vomiters.

Ya know, I'm a "worst case scenario" kinda person. So, even if the worst happens for you, you will get through it without getting sick yourself! The worst happened for me in June with my son when he got sick all over me and I'm a long time emet (I'm 42 had it since I can remember).But you know what, I survived and it's a memory that bothers me, but doesn't haunt me every day! And I will survive the next time it happens (saying a prayer right now). It's not fun, it was by no means easy, but it's doable! If I can do it, so can you!

With that said,some kids just don't get it as often as others, and maybe your child/children arethe one's who don't get the sv all that often!

I totally understand where you're coming from but we can and will deal with it when/if the time comes!

Thank you Carlie....well said! I really admire your positive attitude, keep it upI hope I can think like you someday...you child is very lucky to have you. Thank's again all...I cannot express how wonderful it is to have you guys to relate to.......Stay strong!!!
    ~Sheri~