Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: The Sims.

Default OT: The Sims.

Okay so I used to play the sims when I was younger and for some reason I absolutely LOVE the game. Now on to the sims 3 and waiting for sims 4 in September.. lol hey everyone has their thing right?!

Just wondering if anyone else on here plays? What games are your favorite?

I think it has worked wonders as a distraction when I get nervous!

Default Re: OT: The Sims.

Sims has always been my favorite. I had the first Sims, Sims 2, and Sims 3. I can't wait for The Sims 4. But I am nervous my computer wont be able to run it I find I have to save twice a sim day just cause it crashes so often. I also enjoy sim city I have played games like Second Life, and then MMORPGs. But for some reason The Sims just appeals to me more.

I'm so happy I am not the only one!! Do you have the expansion packs for sims 3? I too had all the older ones too! I heard that the sims 4 supposedly is going to be easier on older computers! I have to save like that too, it seems like whenever I save it excessively I don't have an issue but when I get really far into my game without saving it always crashes on me. I have never played sim city but thats one I would like to try too! Sims are by far my favorite though! Im actually trying to decide whether to get the supernatural or showtime expansion pack.

Let me see which ones I can remember. I have The sims 3, late night, seasons, ambitions, generations, pets, and supernatural. I hope the sims 4 is easier on computers hahah. I also heard that as many sims as you have in the house can go through doors and up stairs. So there isn't someone with their arms crossed tapping their foot.

That would be amazing!! I absolutely HATE it when they get stuck and refuse to move! I think I am leaning towards supernatural. And yes it is very hard on the computer. I just got a new laptop in march and all I have on it besides office is the sims3 and expansions, I have about 8 or 9 expansions, and it still freezes a lot. It always says it is running low on virtual memory, and if you download anything off the exchange FORGET IT!! lol

Yeah I have some freebie custom content hair, skin, clothing etc. But nothing like houses, towns, cars, furnishings, etc. Ever since the last expansion I bought it's really started freezing. The last one I got is pets. I don't know if it just overloaded my computer all the expansions together, or there's something with pets that makes my computer angry. I don't have showtime, but I enjoy supernatural.

Haha! I play the Sims as well when I'm nervous! My sister downloaded some stuff that let me make sims with more realistic hair and eyes! I love the Seasons expansion. I'm really relaxed in the middle of a thunderstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBaby View Post
    Yeah I have some freebie custom content hair, skin, clothing etc. But nothing like houses, towns, cars, furnishings, etc. Ever since the last expansion I bought it's really started freezing. The last one I got is pets. I don't know if it just overloaded my computer all the expansions together, or there's something with pets that makes my computer angry. I don't have showtime, but I enjoy supernatural.

I did that too, I did try to download extra worlds and things but they always freeze so I never use them. I think there might be patches you can download that is supposed to make it not freeze there was a website I found that said what to do if that happens, it might be modthesims.com , you can google it. A lot of people were having an issue with pets. I did too until I did one update a while ago and it helped. I really hope they are right about the sims 4 being easier on the computer cause I will be so upset if it does the same thing!!

Thats great!! I don't know what it is about that game but it always helps me to calm down!! The seasons one is great!! I think it's so funny how they can build an igloo and then proceed to sleep in it too haha!