Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bird Flu

Is anyone else worried about the bird flu that is going around? I mean I live in the US and there hasn't been any cases here yet. I heard that in Romania (I think) They have had the bird flu there and they expect up to 50,000 human deaths. They are expecting a pandemic...what if it comes here? I freakin do not want to die from something called "Bird Flu"!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

THere was a post on here a little while ago under "Avian Flu"... and there were a lot of great responses, and one member even posted an article link.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Ok I'm gonna lock this topic and re-direct you here http://www.emetophobia.org/forum/for...sp?TID=5635&am p;PN=1where it is already being discussed but not before stating a few things.

1.) DO NOT TRUST THE MEDIA! They are blowing this WAY out of proportion. On front page today it said Bird Flu will hit the UK, but it failed to mention the following things,

2.) It is NOT going around, since 2002 there have been 117 cases of bird flu.

3.) It CANNOT be transmitted from human to human contact, you can only get it from contact with infected birds. What they are worried about is it mutating into a flu that can be transmitted though that has NOT yet happened.

4.) Regular flu kills a lot of people anyway. Sad and scary as that sounds it is mostly a risk to the elderly.

5.) Your local government is taking precautions, stockpiling drugs etc etc

6.) DO NOT TRUST THE MEDIA! LOL

Please I urge you ALL to read the other topic and the facts posted there. Read between the lines that the Bullsh*t media are feeding us and see the facts. I won't pretend it isn't scary but we don't yet know what is going to happen. Anyone else remember the HUGe sars scare?

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm not being mean I just want to stop panic spreading in the forums right now if possible.

Thank YouEdited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.