Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My husband and I took his little brother and some friends of ours and their kids to this restaurant tonight. It is fun for kids, but the food has always been known to be pretty bad (mexican). My husband and I both had the nachos, although he ate a lot more than I did.

About a half an hour to an hour after we ate (while we were still there playing the games and stuff) he said his stomach wasn't feeling well. That was about an hour ago. We are home now and he said he feels like he might v*. He has s sensitive stomach. He had h. pylori a couple of years ago, has a hyetal hyernia (sp) so stuff sits funny with him a lot. But I am worried this time because we atet eh same thing.

Would food poisoning hit that fast or is it just his body not liking hte food? By the time we got home, my anxiety had gotten the best of me and I have been in the bathroom 4 or 5 times in the past half hour or so (I think just an IBS attack). I don't really feel the "heavy" feeling he said he does. If it was something wrong with the food, would it have hit me by now? Is it possible that since I ate less (especially less of the toppings) that I may not get it? I am really panicking now . . .

My guess would be that his stomach is just being sensitive. The toppings on nachos are pretty acidic (onoins, jalepenos, ect) and could give anyone a "heavy" stomach. With his past history, and given that you feel fine, and noone else is sick, I would bet you are fine. Your 'bathroom' problem is most likely IBS from panic. Try to calm, and focus on the positives (he is so sensitive) and you will be fine. Let us know how you both are.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I just tried to type a response, but lost it!

He said he is feeling a little better. It still comes and goes, especially when he moves around. I am still having my IBS problems, and feel a little n*. It's probably all anxiety.

Would I have it by now if it was something wrong with the food? He has felt this way for close to 3 hours now. He took some Zantac and has been sipping a Sprite. If that helped, do you think it was just indegestion then?

For any South Park fans out there, there was an episode when they were going to go to a restaurant called Casa Bonita for someone's birthday. Cartman thought it was the greatest plac ein the world - it has cliff divers and stuff. Well, that's where we went. It is a real restaurant and it has horrible food!

LoL You really went to Casa Bonita? I thought that was just a made up place for the show. Anyway I think you'll be fine. I have a hiatal hernia and when I eat Mexican food my stomach almost ALWAYS gets upset. I also have GERD. I'm sure you'll be fine...it sounds like you are just nervous is all!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Food poisoning would not occur within such a short period of time. However, someone as sensitive has your husband, could react to the food that quickly. In fact, food sensitivity occurs pretty quickly.

Stella

Monica - Casa Bonita is real. It has actually been around since 1969. It's a lot of fun when you are a kid - I had a few birthday parties there. Once you get older, the stuff isn't as fun, and you realize how bad the food is. But as a kid it's a blast. The kids we took had a lot of fun.

What are the symptoms of hiatal hernias? Do you get n*? I am trying to do other stuff to distract myself, but I am still really worked up. I'm scared I'm going to get it still.

How are you feeling now?? Are you still watching the South Park marathon going on?? I know I am. I think that the mexican food probably wasn't a good idea for your husband to eat with all the stomach problems he has. I know I can't eat anything with garlic of raw onions, basically anything spicy, cause I get that "heavy" feeling too, then it turns into heartburn, then acid reflex. I think your husband was experiencing indigestion. Tell him to take some tums. I think you are both going to be fine.

Michele

I didn't even know there was a South Park marathon on. I just knew about that one episode!

I'm not really feeling any different. Istill don't think I feel like my husband does, just anxiety for me. The IBS seems to be easing up too. I am burping dinner a little bit, but it actually makes me feel better.

I don't think he feels any different. I am scared to go to bed with him because I hatehearing him get up and v*. I really hope he doesn't. I'm sure I'm not going to sleep well tonight. I really hope he feels better soon!

I just realized that I haven't been careful with touching my face and stuff. I really hope whatever he has isn't contagious either! I'm surprised at myself - usually at the first thought of a stomach "problem" of any kind I make sure I don't touch my face, but I keep doing it tonight. Ah! Something else to worry about . . .

Just relax....chances are if he was going to v* he would have done it by now. Maybe curl up on the couch and watch a movie instead of going to bed right away? Hope you feel better soon, your panic I mean.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Thanks everyone. I think, deep down, I believe it is just his sensitive stomach, but for some reason I am still clinging to that little chance that it might be something else.

Crystal, I don't think he feels like he is going to v* right now, but he said he doesn't know about when he lays down. It always seems to affect him more when he lays down - probably a sign of digestion problems rather than illness, huh?

It's now been about 4 1/2 hours since he started feeling sick. He said he wants to go to bed in about a half an hour. I guess I will let you all know how it goes! If he gets sick (or I start feeling worse - I really hope not!) I will be back on. Hopefully I can report in the morning that we are all doing fine!

Thanks again for your replies everyone. They do help calm me down!