Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

For the last half hour i have had a sudden really quite bad pain in my stomach, i feel a bit s*.

I havent eaten since half 1 (6hrs)and tht was quite a big meal so it cant b hunger pains, can it?

Ahhhhh it hurts, really hurts. I dont fancy food at all. And im shaking and a bit tearful thinking of the road ahead. Oh no, wot do i do? This could be the moment that we all dread, the moment ive been trying to avoid for so long, now i really need help. I cant stop getting worked up, sorry 4 posting so many topics but i really need someone to talk to im *scared* [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

If you haven't eaten in 6 hours it's no wonder that your stomach is hurting, It's really empty! Your stomach becomes empty around 4-6 hours after eating, 6 if it was a really big meal or if you were grazing over a longer period of time. It is most likely hunger pains or it might be just gas from your stomach being empty, so i would suggest eating something or if you REALLY don't want to drink something, just so you can have something for your stomach to work on beside itself, cause then you get into excess acid, ulcers etc.....Actually, I had a big lunch about 4 and 1/2 hours ago and I'm getting mild hunger pangs too (I have the metabolism of a hummingbird) so let go eat something!
    Hannah

hey you, have you looked on any sages treament treads? they are really good and have been really helping me out through the rough times. Just hang in there remeber the panick attacks will go away!!!

but if its hunger, y dont i fancy food? im pretty sure this is gonna lead into something big... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

i'm not you but i'm pretty sure it's not, try not to get yourself worked up. Sometimes if you get REALLY hungry you don't really want to eat. When I get like this I just get some plain crackers or something light like that and a glass of water and try eating that. If it is hunger I find I get really hungry really quickly.....you know your body. Hope this helps,
    Hannah

Or maybe just drink some water. That starts the hunger going for me!

Feel better..

--Kim

Hi I am new. I agree, I think you may be suffering with hunger pangs.

I have been emetophobic all my life. I am 45. I worry about it everyday but with medication, it sort of takes a backseat in my mind. I am very careful with handwashing, cleaning under my nails, using Purell. I havent vomited in over 20 years and I pray everyday that my record continues to grow. I am appy to meet you all over the next few months. Krystal

Twells...it's been a while since you posted...are you o.k.???
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I am sorry you are having a rough time. No words can really comfort you when you are scared and sick and alone. I hope you are okay and I know you will get through whatever it is that is affecting you.

-Stephanie

when you are that hungry u dont ususally want food becuase its making u
    nseaous . Your stomach is eating acid that it's releasing. I don't eat for 6
    hours all the time cause I'm scared to eat outside my house. And usually
    when i dont eat for that long I get o hungry I get sick but oviously its jsut
    the hunger.
    jsut take a b ig of an apple or banana or cracker.
    see ya