Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: flu shot?

my mom wants me to get the flu shot this year because of how thin i've gotten and she says that my immune system is probably weak and i could catch the flu this winter. here's my problem, i heard that you can sometimes get the flu from the flu shot. does anyone know if this is true? i can't see getting the flu shot if it is going to give me the flu. i do not want to get the flu!! i'm scared to get the flu.

Once again, this is one of the biggest myths about the flu shot. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get the flu from the flu shot!!!! Please read some facts about the flu, and about flu shots. It's really important, especially this year with so much avian flu, to protect yourself.

go to http://www.toronto.ca/health/flu_facts.htm- or if you don't trust Toronto for information, you can go to the American Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flushot.htm.

Stay healthy, and, more importantly, don't pass on the flu to vulnerable people who could get very serious complications from the flu.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Thank you e-lizabeth

I've gotten the flu shot for 11 years, and have never gotten the flu from the shot. I did, however, get the respiratory flu one year even when I had the shot, but 1 out of 11 ain't bad at all. My worst side effect with the flu shot was a sore arm for 1-2 days, mostly near the injection site. Just get the shot in your non-writing hand, and it won't affect you at all.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

I am definatlely getting the flu shot this year because of all my medical problems. In fact last year, I didn't get the shot, and even though I was home from Nov-March with my kidney problems, I managed to get the flu. How? I have no idea how, I literally never let the house cause I was sick. I got the flu on New Years Eve, and I have never felt so sick, no v* just fever aches and pains, and that was enough for me to make sure I get the shot this year.

Michele