Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default This is so off-topic it's not even funny! Makeup!

Hi, y'all. Usually if I'm posting something off-topic, I'll still put it in general discussion, but this one is so ridiculously off-topic that I put it here. Hopefully someone still sees it that can help me! lol. I've just been looking around *everywhere* online and even posted a question on Yahoo Answers, still to no avail. So maybe someone here can help me. lol

So, like I mentioned in the title, this is about makeup. I'm very pale (my photos don't really do it justice), with freckles, with slight pink undertones. I never tan under any circumstance - not because I don't want to, I just can't. I burn and go back to being pasty white.

This makes it stupid difficult to find a foundation/bb cream/tinted moisturizer that matches me. I have found foundations that "work," but definitely aren't great. If they're okay color-wise, they are heavy and always leave me with a cakey, unnatural finish. When they have a more dewy, natural finish, they are always too orange for me. It's really a drag, especially because I settle for the cakey/fake foundations so that my skin color at least matches the product, but I would kill for a lightweight tinted moisturizer or bb cream because I love natural looks. UGH.

I would just cave and buy a high-end $45 dollar BB cream, but I'm a college student. Just not going to happen. I can't bring myself to do it! Maaaaybe $35. Limit.

Do any of you ladies (or makeup wearing men, I suppose, lol) have any experience with this at all? Do you know of any lightweight foundations/tinted moisturizers/bb creams that work for my skin? I would so appreciate it! xoxoxoxo

Default Re: This is so off-topic it's not even funny! Makeup!

I use a product that might work really well for you. It's a tinted sunblock (SPF 30) made by Image Skincare. The coverage is actually too light for me to use it alone as my foundation so I mix a small drop of MAC BB cream with it to give smoother finish but i'm darker skinned.
    The sunscreen wears amazingly well-very moisturizing without being too greasy. I can get you a free sample to try out for a couple weeks to see if you like it-PM me if you want. To purchase, I think it's about $35 for a 3.5 oz tube but that would last you ages.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

I use Garnier BB cream which runs about $10 at drug stores and comes in light, medium and dark. When I want a bit less dewy finish I use Bare Escentuals mineral foundation ($25 for the huge pot that last about 6 months). Both are great for super sensitive skin.

The L'Oreal True Match line has some very pale foundations shades- the palest one is almost too light for me and I am a super fair skinned like you. The foundation is light/medium coverage with a satin finish and is really liquidy so it blends really nicely and doesn't feel heavy. I've been using it on and off for years and it has never broken me out or bothered my skin. They cost only about 8-10$ so it's worth a shot.

You can always just add a dot of foundation to a lotion you like and make your own tinted moisturizer.

Tarte tinted moisturizers are great, and the only things that match my skin tone well (they come in a billion different colors-so there's one to match practically everyone)! There also lightweight Even the lady who checked me out in the makeup store said Tarte's tinted moisturizers are the only thing she can find that's her color. They also do not have a cakey finish Give them a try! There also not tested on animals xx

Bettyemety, I love Tarte products and I was sincerely hoping their BB cream would match me! I'll head over to Ulta and see in the next few days

mdgirl, I've heard good things about Garniers bb cream. I need to go to my CVS and check!

jmoore, thanks! I'll probably PM you about it in the next while if after researching it suits my fancy! You're all the best, thanks so much. It's just so hard to find a match!

The L'Oreal true match foundations have a wide color range including really pale shades. The first shade is almost too light for me and I am super white like you. It's are light/medium coverage with a satin finish and the formula is really thin so it blends out well and don't feel heavy at all. I have been using it on an off for years with no problems with acne or irritation. They are also less than 10 dollars at the drug store so it's worth a look.

You can always mix a little lotion in with a foundation and make your own "tinted moisturizer".