Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

<div style="text-align: center;">Hello my fellow emets!! &lt;33</font><br style="color: rgb(255, 153, 204);">
    I am posting this not
    really out of concern, but curriosity. I constantly wash my hands (OCD
    behaviour because of germs/emet) and they are extremly dry and chapped.
    Even when I don't need to worry about germs floating around i.e. when
    the whole house is clean, I still wash. I do it about every half hour,
    and sing the ABC's in my head 3 times while washing. They occasionally
    bleed due to this, and my mom gets more than upset. I dont think I can
    stop this OCD routine BUT do you have any
    suggestions? Thanks *hugs*</font>

</div>

Edited by: sunshine16

mouisturizer?? I mean if you can't stop washing.. then maybe get a very gentle, moisturizing soap.. and use hand creme afterwards. I dunno.. just a suggestion
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

My hands get terrible in the colder months. Bleeding, everything.I don't know that I necessarily am OCD about handwashing. I just always make sure to wash them before I eat ANYTHING, afterI get home frombeing someplace, after thebathroom, wiping my kids' faces, etc. So yeah, I guess I probably do wash every half hour, too!

To keep my hands soft Iput a thick moisturizer on my hands, likeeucerin aquaphor or Body Shop's almond hand cream or hemp hand cream.At night I put one of these on my handsand wear cotton gloves. This helps a lot. I also have a paraffin wax melter thingy that I use occasionally.

HTH
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

My hands bleed all winter and actually they are dry right now. I do wash a lot, but like mommyof3, I do it more from being out, before eating., before feeding my child, after playing with dogs and cats, etc...I may do it more often then every 30 minutes, but I also use heavy duty hand cream and vasoline under those cotton gloves at night works wonders.

Sunshine, I don't know that it is an OCD, but rather our way of keeping germ free, or as much as we can. My sister has always called my handwashing an OCD, but I do it for a reason so I can't call it that.