Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, I have been doing pretty well, but my surgery is on Monday... and I am getting nervous. I broke out in hives all over my stomach, but other than that, I have been doing well. Just scared about coming out of anesthesia. I know this is mythird surgery, and I haven't v* before, but I am still scared. So, if I have never v*from anesthesia, do you think I will this time?? Well, anyway, just wanted to let everyone know, wish me luck!

MicheleEdited by: mitch04133

I don't think it will affect you this time if it hasn't in the past. Just don't make yourself get up too fast. Sleep it off and you will be fine. Try to have a good weekend and not worry too much about it.
    \"This too shall pass\"

You will not v*! I had surgery on a full stomach and didn't v*! Us emets are tough cookies . Make sure the last thing you tell them before you drift off is to keep the phenegren coming (lol). Do you have someone who will be with you to advocate for you--make sure they give you the anti-nausea stuff if you are too groggy to say what you need? Good luck and post when you can.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

hey Michele,I will be thinking of u on Mon,I'm sure things will be fine...and if u have had surgery before and not been S* ,then u will be fine this time....Just ask for anti-sickness tabs and I'm sure u will look back on this in weeks to come and be proud that on top of everything else u are going through u also got through surgery again....I hope your parents will support u along the way,and keep us posted!!!!!

take care vicky x

Michele, just make sure that you tell your anesthesia doc about your fear, and he will give you plenty of meds to keep you from v'ing. I told mine before my surgeries, and my doc said he would give me something before my surgery, during, and right before he woke me up. I had surgery twice in one month, and never v'd, nor did I feel nauseous at anytime either.

How are things with you and your boyfriend?

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

Hope the surgery goes well for you, Michele. I will be thinking of you on Monday. I've been wondering how you were doing since I haven't seen you around the board much. Like Leigh said--be sure to tell them about your fear and they will give you some extra nausea meds. I had minor surgery a few years ago and they told me they would give me something extra just before I woke up to be certain that I wouldn't be nauseated.

Good luck!

Jess

GOOD LUCK MICHELE YOU WILL DO GREAT!!

Good luck hun!!! you are so strong
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jennyleigh1975
    Michele, just make sure that you tell your anesthesia doc about your fear, and he will give you plenty of meds to keep you from v'ing. I told mine before my surgeries, and my doc said he would give me something before my surgery, during, and right before he woke me up. I had surgery twice in one month, and never v'd, nor did I feel nauseous at anytime either.

How are things with you and your boyfriend?

I did the same thing when I had surgery a few months ago. Just tell them your concerns and they will give you some goooooood stuff! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

michelle - def tel your doc about your fear, as jenny said. youll be
    fine. youre a strong chick. keep yur head up we'll all be thinking
    of you!!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Good luck with the surgery. i had my gallbladder out and I told them I had a terrible fear of V* and they gave me tons of anti-N* stuff and I was fine. I know you will do great. It's been said before, We Emets are tough and we can talk ourselves out of anything. Stay strong and good luck with everything.

GOOD LUCK! I know you can do it! Anesthesia has come a long way in the last little while, and you can always get some GOOOOOD stuff in your IV if you want to be extra safe. This is a thought that I find comforting: You have to fast for 8 hours before going under general anesthetic, but what about the people who have to have emergency surgery? they don't wait until 8 hours after they last ate something to do the surgery, and I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting sick-don't worry about it- you're in control.
    Cheers,
    Hannah

question for gubba- How have you felt since you had your gall bladder out? I am supposed to get mine out but i am avoiding it because i am afraid my body will have a hard time adjusting. I've heard stories about a lot of D* from having it out. Anyway help at all would be great. I know it is dangerous to put it off....but i havent had any of my gall bladder "attacks" for a little while now....i'm just trying to decided whether or not it is better to suffer sometimes or suffer possibly every day. Thanks!

Thank you everyone, I know there is a slim chance of me getting sick since I have had surgery twice and it never happened. Well, the surgery is at 1045am tomorrow, I will post as soon as I am able to. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Oh and sorry I haven't been around in a while, I have been going through so much and I haven't been able to think of anything, especially emet. Butthank you everyone, I will see you soon.

Michele

hey Michele, very best of luck and hope it goes well. you sound calm about it which is great. hopefully all goes well tomorrow.

xxx
    ~I don\'t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone~

msn:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi! I am pretty much new here, and post when I can... but I wanted to say Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

I just had surgery myself last Monday, for melanoma...and before they wheeled me into the operating room, I asked them if I would get sick after. The anesthetist, assured me I would be fine. Well, they DID give me something during the surgery so I wouldnt get sick, because when I was waking up...I heard her say something to a nurse or whoever, that she gave me something to prevent me from getting sick.

I didnt get sick at all! I was able to eat dinner and everything last week!

You will be fine![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]