Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I started this in another post, but thought I might as well just create a new one.

I am now 13 days late. I have taken several home tests, the most recent being this morning - all negative. The nurse in my doctor's office said that home tests are pretty accurate and that a blood test wouldn't really tell anything different. I have never been this late before, and I am getting really anxious. I have spotted off an on for the last week, but it has never turned into a full period.

Ok, so this is kind of weird and embarrassing, but my husband and I were kinda playing around and he told me it felt different in there. Like my cervix was swollen or something. Is that a sign? Or could it mean maybe there is something wrong with me?

Does anyone have any advice? Should I demand a blood test? Should I wait another week? I am so confused!

Most at home pregnancy tests are accurate if it has been over a week since you missed your period. It measures the level of a certain hormone in your urine. By 13 days late, you would be roughly 1 month pregnant, that hormone should be able to be detected.

By 4 weeks pregnant, you would feel "different" or "off".

I would skip the blood test and make an appointment with your gyno. If you are not pregnant, you may have some sort of infection or something.

Are you on any birth control?

I got off birth controll about 3 months ago. The first two months, my cycles were 33 days and 34 days. I am now at 47 days.

I don't really feel "off" other than maybe a little tired. But neither my mom or grandma had any morning sickness or anything really, so if I am taking after them I may not feel anything.

I called the doctor last Friday and she wasn't too concerned, but that was before the swollen cervix thing.

I forgot to tell you that my friend has missed a period for 76 days before she found out she was pregnant...so don't give up...i don't know if your cervix would be swollen yet or not...but if things feel diff...then you should go to your gyno and just get checked for everything and anything...K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Sorry...but she also had a few days here and there of just spotting a little bit.K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Does your cervix get swollen with pregnancy? Is that really a sign or is that something just weird going on with me?

Well, I was 6 weeks late once, took several different brand pregnancy tests, all negative. No pregnancy symptoms either. A nurse in the dr.'s office told me I definitely was *not* pregnant because those tests are sooo accurate. Eventually I went into the office, they tested my urine (neg. again) and gave me a blood test to make sure my hormone levels were OK before giving me a depo shot to bring on my period. You know where this is going, right? I *was* pregnant. Just out of curiosity, I kept testing weeklythroughout the first trimester. Negative every time. And no pregnancy symptoms except very slight nausea (but identical to my anxiety nausea, and as I was veryconflicted about the pregnancy at first,I chalk it up to that).But now I have an almost 4-year-old as a result [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

This is apparently VERY uncommon. It happened to me, though [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

luna, you definitely sound like me! I'm kind of thinking I should probably go ahead and make an appointment. I am swamped at work for the rest of the week, but maybe I should go in early next week. The cervix thing is still kinda making me nervous though. I am such a worrier - now I am thinking the worst - what could it possible be??

I just talked to a girl at work. She said she had the same problem when she got off the pill. But does it seem weird that I had two normal periods when I first got off then started this weird cycle? Now I don't know what to do.

You need to make a doctor's appt. If you are pregnant you need to know so that you can start taking better care of yourself and eat the right things. If you are not pregnant, you need to know what the problem is. CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!

It is very common to have irregular periods for up to 6 months after d/c the pill. Mine came every 30 days for 3 months after d/c birth control, then started being very irregular at around 45 days between cycles. Either way, you still need to get checked out by your doctor.

Jess

I made an appointment but I can't get in until next Wednesday. I hopethere's nothing seriously wrong with me!

a teacher i work with was told she wasnt pregnant until her 3rd month...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Just thought I'd add in that my Mom had tests at the doctors office when she was pregnant w/ me and it came back negative until the next appt. Try and hang in there until Wednesday, easy for me to say right? I'm sure it will all work out. I don't know what the cervix does when pregnant etc so I have nothign to offer there but just try (hard as it is) not to jump to any conclusions, positive or negative.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Well, I might cancel the appointment. I am spotting a little more heavily now. I will most likely start in the next day or two for real. I'm kind of bummed now. I was really hoping I was pregnant. Oh well, there's always next month.

When I went off the pill I was fine for the first month, but after that, it was so irregular, like 60-70 days that I decided to go back on the pill just to keep it regular.
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I think I am starting to regret ever having gone on the pill in the first place. This is going to make it extremely hard to get pregnant!

The pill doesn't cause impaired fertility if that's what you mean. It
    might take a while for your cycles to regulate after being off the
    pill, which means you might not be ovulating every month for the first
    few months. Just be patient and relax. I know I've heard lots of
    stories about people who thought they were unable to get pregnant
    because they'd been trying so hardm so that they just sort of gave up
    and then found out shortly afterward that they were pregnant.

If you
    do keep the doctor's appointment you might could bring up that you're trying to get pregnant, that
    way they might be able to give some advice about how to better monitor
    your cycles, etc. Couldn't hurt right?

Edited by: chicajojobe

Well, still no period. Unless it happens in the next couple days I guess I will still be going to the doctor. I thought the other night that the spotting was getting heavier, but now it's back to pretty much non-existent. I don't have anymore test sticks around so I can't retest again. I guess I will just wait until Wednesday and see what the doctor says.

Good luck sillygirl, I hope you are pregnant. The pill shouldn't impair your fertility. I'll use myself as an example again . . . when I got pregnant, I had only been off the pill for 1 month, after having been on it for 10 years! But if this month isn't the time for you, maybe next month will be. Just "try" every two days from day 10 to 18 of your cycle (start counting from day 1 of your period) and you should get pregnant.

Sorry I don't know anything about the cervix thing. But I hope it's a sign that you're pregnant!

Home tests are actually more accurate than the ones the doctors use (urine tests, anyway). I don't know about blood tests.

The cervix gets a bit "soft" when you're pregnant. That's about all I know. Time will tell! At first I thought you were anxious because you DIDN'T want to be pregnant. Now I see you actually do want to be. Either way, anxiety is the enemy, so...do what you can to remain calm. The body will do what it will do, and you're not in control of that at this point. Anxiety gets you nowhere!

Good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Hey sillygirl....just a few positive things to say. Assuming that you WANT to be pg, I can tell you that implantaion bleeding is very common around this time (assuming you are around 5-6 weeks). I had such horrible cramps, plus some bleeding and I LOST IT! I KNEW I was pg, I thought I was m/c, but apparently this is very normal.

If your mom and your grandma had no m/s you may be one of the very lucky ones who have none either. Cross your fingers! My grandma and my mom were both VERY ill in the pregnancy's and so was I, although it has gotten better through the generations, so hopefully if I ever have a girl, she won't have very much at all! BTW, both my mom and I are only children...lol!

There is still that chance that you are not pregnant. BUT, it sounds as though both you and your husband want to be, so he may "feel" that you are different, b/c he wants to. Last month when I thought I might be pg, I had sore boobs, and felt n* and everything....and I am definately NOT pg. What I am trying to say here though, is if you are not pg, I'm betting there is nothing wrong with you either. Maybe just a weird cycle.

I was off the pill only one month before we started trying, and BOOM....first month, pregnant. So, the pill shouln't affect your fertility. Make sure hubby wears boxers, and here is another bit of advice....only do the "deed" every SECOND day while trying. It allows the sperm to "grow" I guess.

Anyhoo, babbling. Let us know!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Hope you are ok sillygirl.

Of course, the day before my appointment my period comes. It's kind of a relief, but I am in SOOOO much pain. I hate it. Oh, well. We will try again next month.

Good luck trying to get pregnant silly girl!

You will have to keep us all updated

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'm debating about trying one of those ovulation prediction tests. I wonder how accurate they are?

Hey sillygirl, sorry to here that old 'Aunt Flow" came to visit. I thought I would suggest the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and also going to "babycenter.com" to help you get to know your body. I knew the exact day I ovulated just by taking my temp every morning. It also helps you keep your eyes on the prize. It gives you something to do everyday, plus, if your periods becoming "irregular" it will help you learn more about them. The book will cost you so much less that those ovulation tests (unless it works first month), but i'm pretty sure that you can find almost all the info on the website under preconception. Good luck!

Crystal

PS...I know I might sound totally enthralled with all of this, but it's b/c I want to be a mid-wife and I do alot of research, and I did alot of reading before/during/after I was pregnant with my son!!

That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

it couldnt hurt to get one of those kits. might as well right? i mean, youve got nothign to lose my getting one. i hope you get preggo next month!!!! keep trying! im sure you wouldnt mind or your hubby
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.