Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: NEHA

hey girl! you haven't posted in a long time, im just kind of hoping you stumlble across this post and let us know how your doing, all bout your classes and everything
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I too have been wondering how your doing! I miss you on here, your posts are always so encouraging. Hope all is going well with school and such! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I third that! Hope you are doing well.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I have been missing you too!
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Awww [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img] thank you guys!!!You won't believe how much your concern and thinking of me means to me! Seriously, you know me, I got a tear in my eye!!And thanks to Simply Mefor alerting me about this topic lol. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Here's a little update:I have been doing pretty well for themost part.I have made a lot of progress with the intensive outpatienttherapy, but I still have a long way to go before I can be OCD-free. But overall, I have been doing a lot better with theOCD and such.I am on the right path, and that is very encouraging!

As most of you know, I had an upper endoscopy this summer (you can read about it in my freakout post somewhere on here lol). The cliffnotes version is that the procedure was really nowhere near as scary as I thought it would be, and I was perfectly fine! No v*, just a feeling of dopiness and total apathy toward everything, which was great to have, even if it was for a few hours lol. Gave my brain a rest! Overall, the fear was worse than anything--so FDR's quote does ring true! The results showed that I do indeed have a gastro problem...It turns out I have GERD and Barrett's Esophagus (both acid-reflux type problems.) I am taking medication for it, and so far so good, but it makesemet a heck of a lot more challenging!Plus, there are a list of foods thatI should avoid, and while I am trying to be careful, I am not about tostop eating my spicy food lol!Nor am I going to stop eating chocolate!HA!!So far they haven't created anyproblems, so I hope that my Indian tongue for spicy foodsand my sweet tooth really have made me immuneto having to avoid them. (I know thatmakes no sense at all...lol)

And with school, Ijust started myfall quarter 2 weeks ago, so I am stillgettingused to the swing of things.I am taking sociology, psychology: human growth and development, and a spanishwriting workshop.I like my classes so far, it's just that there is a lot ofwork involved! But I'm sure as thequarter progresses, I'll get usedto it.

Butof course,that's not reallyon my mind right now. Now, everything is really hectic here because of Hurricane Rita.As many of you know, I am in the Houston-area. (School has been closed until Monday for me.) Sooo many people are evaccuating, but I don't thinkmy familywill do so (it isn't mandatory in my area yet), because my grandmother is coming to visit from India tomorrow (Thursday). I know, I know, not a good time to come, but we had had it booked for months, and she is already on the plane flying over France probably! So I hope and pray that everything will be okay. Gosh with Katrina behinds us I don't know if we can handle another major hurricane! I know there are other emets here in Houston--aguerra (I hope I'm spelling that right), and Renee whose usernameused to be houston-gal, I am not sure if that's still her username. Anyhow, I pray for both of you and your families as well. It's a horrible situation! Esepcially after Katrina...solet's just hope for the best!

If they do make us evaccuate, then we will head to Ft. Worth where my brother is at. Hopefully it won't be as bad as everyone is saying that it is, and that it's just a Y2K-type-hype freakout, but we'll see.

Anywho...that was more than alittle update! LOL! I hope you all are well andhave all had a great summer! Fall is almosthere, but you knowI think we can take it! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Stay brave and stay safe everyone! I love you guys!</FON
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Glad to hear you have been doing well, Neha. My dad had GERD diagnosed last year and after a few courses oftablets the problem was sorted, hopefully meds will help you in the same way.

I hope you and your family don't have all the upset of having to evacuate because of Hurricane Rita, especially with your grandmother coming to stay. I'll keep my fingers and everything else crossed for you.

Take care.

Tracey

.•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Nice to hear from you Neha, glad things seem to be doing better!

yay! sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I'm glad to hear from you again
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh