Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, so I am going to start a positive thread! What kinds of things does everyone do for fun in the fall and winter to give everybody ideas of how to enjoy these seasons and get our minds off thegermies going around?

I have small children so one fun thing we do is visit a local farm where they havea corn maze, pumpkin patch, hayride, etc. It's fun to be out in the fresh air and watch the kids run around. We live in a colder climate, so we alway look forward (well the kids at least lol) to when we havea big enough pile of snow in the front yard to make a snow fort. My hubby takes the snowblower and makes a big pile in the middle and we dig a huge hole out and the kids make "rooms" and "furniture" in there. I think the most fun the kidshave in it is when they know grandma and grandpa are coming to visit they hide in it and as soon as the car pulls in the driveway, the kids jump out and scare the crap outta them LOL!! We also have a tradition where we cut our own Christmas tree. Two years ago was our first Christmas in our house, and since we have vaulted ceilings, I wanted to get a really tall tree. Well, we got one so huge that our stand couldn't even hold the bugger up and the tree kept falling. We ended up having to tie the stupid thing up to wires from the tray lights which really kinda nullified the effect of a big majestic tree! LOL!!

What does everyone else do in the fall and winter for fun???

I love all the autumn colours so it's great to go out walking in the countryside with the dog and my fiance and take my camera along to catch all the beautiful trees.

End of October/beginning of November we usually go out to Sherwood forest (Robin Hood country!) cos there are some wonderful chestnut trees there. We spend an afternoon picking the nuts and then cosy up at night roasting and eating them.

I love Halloween as there are lots of spooky things on tv. We are going to try and get on a ghost walk around our town this year.

November 5th - bonfire night - one of my friend's is having a small party with a firework display. That will be good.

I adore snow so always get excited when we get any. We've not had a good snowfall in town for years though, so very disappointing!

Christmas is great as I get to see all my friends that live away, and I love all the decorations, trees, fairy lights, merriment andpressies, lol.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Great idea, Mommyof3!

I love autumn! It is my favorite season. I like to take my daughter to the apple orchard and pick our own apples. We bake a lot with them. We go on lots of walks and hikes to see the beautiful trees. I even like to just take drives and watch the colors change on the trees.

For some reason when fall time comes I always feel a sense of self strength and I love that.

There is aHalloweenFair that we go to. It's really cool. You get hot cider and funnel cakes and goon a trian ride through a haunted forest (but, it's haunted in a not so scary kid kind of way) You can also walk through a different part of the forest. It's so cool, they have a swamp area where they put tons of jack o lanterns out in the water and light them, their faces reflect on the water and it's just jack o lanterns as far as you can see.

In the winter I like to go snowboarding and my daughter skis. We bake a lot and always seem to put our Christmas tree up way too early! We go sledding and make snowmen together.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Autumn is my favorite time of year. The air gets that nice crisp feeling and smell. I love going apple picking, and of course, pumpkin picking. I love to pick pumpkins, I always seem to go for the odd shaped ones because I feel sorry for them, they are always the ones left behind (i know, i'm weird).

In the winter, I love Christmas. However, because I have 3 very energetic cats, a christmas tree is out. Instead, I decorate the outside of my house with lots of lights and I get a wreath for the front door.

Of course, when it snows alot, i'm always out there shoveling. But, i manage to make it fun by making snow cones.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I love autum cause that's when my birthday is! (September 28th). I love the feeling of Auttum, it's cold but not too cold just yet and all the leaves are pretty.

I used to love going to a farm (Patterson's fruit farm)where we would pick pumkins and apples. I don't do that any more, although I wish I could.

Last year my sister and I carved a pumkin so it had a pentagram in the center of it but someone came and punched the center out [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img], people just don't respect the Wiccan religion around here I guess.

I don't particularly like winter too much but I love Thanksgiving and Christmas. My dad always has a fire going in the fire place. We get the tree just after Thanksgiving, usually the first week in december and the cat goes NUTS for it.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I love the fall b/c of the colors! I love to take my four year old, and play in the leaves that have fallen and take some really nice pics. He loves piling all those leaves up and then jumping into them! Halloween is always fun, though, sometimes it's cold here, depends on the year I suppose. We love X-Mas at my house. You come here and think you've walked into Santa's own house it's so Christmas-y!!!!

I'm not big into Janurary and February just b/c they are so cold, and nothing fun happens.

Otherwise, fall/winter can be loads of fun!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Fall is really beautiful. Sometimes we go to the pumpkin farm, but we haven't in recent years though. I like walking in the woods and just enjoying the scenery, plus Halloween is fun.

In winter I like to cross country ski, and just shovel snow. It can be really beautiful with the snowflakes falling softly down. Also the nights where there is a full moon are just really beautiful for skiing or just walking. Sometimes we go out at midnight and ski/walk and the snow just glows in the light. Really nice!

Well my birthday's in the beginning of October so that makes it fun! I love the fall colors and halloween...and thanksgiving, and playing in the snow, and skiing, and christmas, aaand...well, etc. lol!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I get such a simple pleasure out of kicking through all the leaves that have fallen to the ground in autumn, childish i know but it makes me smile!

Also i love this time of year as all the great winter coats are in the stores and i have a passion for buying coats and accessorising them with scarves, hats and gloves lol [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Excellent post! I always bake all sorts of cookies and banana bread, candy etc to give as Christmas gifts, I enjoy it and it makes the hosue smell WONDERFUL! Thanksgiving we usually have company so it's sort of a tradition and we have the usual turkey etc but its' fun because it's soemthing you can depend on. Oh and I love the Christmas carols on the radio, tho they do tend to do it a little long soemtiems lol. Um let's see, I live in Fla so we don't really get much leaves changing and we certainly dont' get snow (I'm jealous of those who do lol) but ti's fun.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Well my birthday is in February, so that's fun ^_^ I'll be turning 18,
    so it's a big deal and I'm really looking forward to it. Thanksgiving
    is alright. As a vegetarian I try a new turkey substitute every year,
    this year may be the year I find one that tastes really good! I love
    the Christmas spirit - the way malls get all decorated and Christmas
    music is played everywhere, it is great Also I like that I can watch
    Christmas movies again ^^ Halloween is good for the same reason, I get
    to watch "Halloween" type movies. also, pumpkin-carving is fun, and I
    LOVE taking the pumpkin seeds and getting them cooked. Those are great.
    It is fun to pass out candy to trick-or-treaters, and eat all the
    leftover candy ^__^ also, it seems like the air smells good in the
    fall/winter o.o or maybe that's just me ^^;; I also really like the
    snow, it only snows here some years, hopefully this will be one of them!