Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

your family, significant other, etc. has ever said to you about your phobia/behavior?

I posted this on another thread tonight but it was so priceless I didn't want it buried. My daughter is sick, and my husband, who is a pychotherapist for pity's sake, told me that I "need to just chill." OH! Is that all I need to do? Ok, I'll do that. Thanks for the insight! Here I go--yep, now I'll 'chill.'

I was doing so good, too, I mean I even give my kids hugs and kisses when they are sick which is HUGE for an emet. Even though it adds 100 times to my anxiety. I mean, overall he is supportive, but I wish he would give me a little more credit for not completely wigging out. It just helps so much when I've really put on a brave face for the kids to reveal some anxiety to him and now I feel like I can't even do that.

Actually I think the dumbest/cruelest thing my mom said to me is, "Why are you blaming me for this?" She didn't actually SAY IT in THOSE words but she implied it. I had just sent her an E-mail with information on it and she wrote back saying, "You know this isn't my fault right?" I Freakin wanted to slap her! No I'M Not BLAMING anyone for my phobia I just wanted her to have information.

I have a friend who is really good with my Emet but sometimes he just has to roll his eyes and tell me I'm being stupid. Because he's such a good friend I don't take it to heart as much as if he was just some stranger. I remember I told him that I couldn't take my watch off because of the fear that if I take it off I might throw up...I have this weird thing about wearing jewelry once it goes on it doesn't come off for fear that it's some sort of charm against me throwing up. He laughed at me...I can sort of laugh about it too...but I don't like being laughed at.

That's about it.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

My mom has a phobia of driving(has'nt driven in 30 years)which even though I am her personal chauffer, she does'nt acknowledge she has a phobia! But yet, she always makes me feel terrible when my kids get sick and I have a hard time dealing with it and says she does'nt understand.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon