Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: HELP ME!!!!!

Oh god I think I've been exposed to a sv*. I'm trying not to freak out completely but my dad and half the university is sick with it! I just don't know what to do, I'm afraid to eat at all or be or breathe around him. it's just so ICK!!!!! *shivers* please? anybody? I feel like a total freak......

You aren't a total freak hannah. If your father does have the sv, just do the best you can to clean with bleach all the doorknobs, light switches, etc. Also, do your best to keep your distance from you father. Remember to wash your hands and just stay calm. Keep us posted on how your dad is feeling and how you are doing. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Hannah,

DONT WORRY! You won't get it just because he has it. I live in a house with three people and every single time one of them gets it, i either take off and leave for a week or totally clean everything i come in contact with. if i were you i would start taking 1) echinacea pills, 2) vitamin C pills, 3) drinks lots of water, and 4)keep your hands clean!!!!!!!! That's what i do when someone i live with gets it. Also, don't share food with anyone and prepare your own food. Hannah, don't worry, you won't get it. it's not THAT easy to get, you are fine.

Hey Hannah - I'm in Canada too....what university is it?
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Hannah, what I've found is that if us emets do catch a sv, most of the time it usually effects us at the other end with diarrhoea, and not v*ing. Last time I had a tummy bug, everybody else had diarrhoea and sickness but I just had the runs. I know diarrhoea isn't nice but it's better than v*ing!

Keep up with the hygiene routine around people with it and make sure your immune system isin top shape(plenty of sleep &amp;eat well - lots of fresh fruit and veg for added vitamin boost!) and you will probably escape it anyway.

Hope things settle down soon.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Chill, hannah! It'll be ok! ^_^ There's no guaruntee that you'll get it, not if you take the right precautions - like frequent hand washing, and preparing your own meals (to be on the safe side, your dad should probably stay away from cooking or preparing food), and of course, keeping healthy. Like Tracey said, give your immune system a boost by eating fruit and veggies, and get plenty of sleep, it will do you the world of good.

I'm sure you'll be ok if you're just that extra bit careful!