Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ampicillin

Since my throat has been hurting for about 24 now I'm really getting worried, especially after what happened last night. My mom is away for the weekend and so is my aunt, so I'm just thinking about "diagnosing" myself with strep or tonsillitis. I have a headache also and a little bit of a stuffy nose. I have some Ampocillin here that my dermatologist gave me for my acne. I never took it because of the nausea/vomiting side effect. Have any of you here taken it, and if so, what were side effects? Did you experience nausea/vomiting? The capsules are at 500MG's. I was thinking about taking just half. Also, if I took a Phenergan with it would it keep me from getting nauseous/vomiting? I feel stupid taking an antibiotic if I don't really have strep or tonsillitis, but oh well--It'll treat my acne then.

Thanks. I'm petrified of taking it. If the sore throat doesn't go away within the next few hours I'll take an Amp Edited by: mystikal star
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I have taken Ampicillin. It is completely safe and did not make me nauseous at all. I took it while I was breastfeeding my daughter. You are suppose to take it every 6 hours which is a bummer.

It's tempting to take antibiotics without going to the doctor, but you should never take them unless you are cultured and given the correct kind/dosage for your particular problem at that particular time. Otherwise you are creating super bugs that are resistant to antibiotics, not just in yourself, but in the entire population. 24 hours isn't really that long to have a sore throat, it could just be a cold or flu, and taking antibiotics won't do anything except make them more ineffective in the future. I just read that you had a stuffy nose/headache, those are not symptoms of strep, and if you have them the same time as a sore throat, doctors usually won't even culture you because it is almost absolutely 100% of the time a virus.

If you get antibiotics that you don't take, don't keep them around the house, and don't throw them out or flush them, take them back to the pharmacy and they will dispose of them properly.

Ash, don't even think about it.
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.