Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi, i have only just found this website and i am so blown away that there are other people who have this same problem. i thought i was the only one! as well as emetophobia, i also have anxiety disorder. i was just wondering if anyone else out there had it? i don't know if there is any connection between the two problems but i thought there could be a possibility. anyway, take care everyone! harry

I definitely do. However, emet within itself is a form of anxiety. So I think its pretty safe to say that we all have an anxiety disorder. :-) Nice to meet you, I'm Allie :-)

<3 Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey i definitly have an anxiety disorder, and actually had bad anxiety before i even had emet. i think v* was justy where the anxiety seemed to settle

becky
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Hi, welcome to the group! I remember the first time I found out I wasn't the only one with this phobia, I felt like a whole weight had been lifted off my shoulders and that maybe I wasn't so crazy afterall )

I have always suffered from anxiety as long as I can remember in some form or another, then when I had my first panic attack at eleven it just escalated. I lost my mum to cancer when I was18 and she was just 39, I didn't deal with this right (just bottled things up and blocked it out, as the reality of it all was just too much for me to take) and things went from bad to worse and I ended up having to take anti-depressants and other meds.

I've finally found a brilliant anti-depressant which works wonders for me (apart from causing dreadful insomnia...grrr), so am so much better regards anxiety and depression. I can even cope with some aspects of the emetophobia, which would have filled me withutter terrorat one time - so long as I am at home and know I can get on with 'things' on my own I am relatively ok if I ever need to v* and no longer panic if I feel nauseous. Feeling nauseous or the thought of v*ing away from home, especially in public, is another thing though - that would be the worst nightmare come true for me.

Anyway I'll shut up now! Hope you'll be able to stick around and share some of your experiences!

Tracey
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

thanks guys! it's really nice to meet you all. i'm harry (harriet) by the way. it is so amazing to learn i am not the only one with these problems. when i was first diagnosed with anxiety disorder i didn't know it existed and i haven't met anyone else with the same problem until a couple of weeks ago. i find that gets in the way of my life more than the emetophobia. i was on medication for a few years, but not anymore. do you find people laugh when you tell them about emet? its really annoying!! my sister has an insane fear of lizards and no one laughs at her!!!

take care everyone and god bless

harry

Some people do look at you funny when you tell them about having a phobia of v*, but on the whole I've found people saying they can totally understand because it's a really horrible thing. Over the years I've even had people turn round and say that they feel the same way!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

welcome! I think that emet is a way anxiety manifests itself. I suffer from severe anxiety.Although that is getting better, the emet has gotton worse [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]. damn. I've never told anybody about emet execpt for my doctor and therapist. I don't think people will take me seriously!

xxx
    ~I don\'t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone~

msn:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello harry - I've already chatted to you through PM - nice to meet another aussie! ^_^

Yeah, I think anxiety and phobias generally go hand in hand! People with different phobias have different triggers for their anxiety/panic attacks - for us, its the thought of ourselves becoming ill and v*ing, or being near someone doing it, etc.

I tell you what, though - this place is the best thing that's happened to me since I became an emetophobe ^_^ Not only did it define what it was I'd been suffering with all these years, but its so comforting to come here and talk to everyone if I'm feeling a bit worried.

hey... i have panic disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder

I've had Anxiety problems ever since I was little. I've had Emetophobia since I can remember, it's just recently that I've been scared of ME doing it myself. I am so happy I found this site...it's nice to know I'm not alone.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

hi,,,i also have panic disorder, but I feel if I didn't have this darn emet, I very well might not have panic disorder either, since all my panic stems from v*ing!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!