Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Since I've been on here! I've missed everyone!

I had a great time at the beach last week and really just didn't want to come home. I think I am suffering from post vacation depression! I went back to work today and since we are moving into a new building, our computers aren't hooked up yet, so I haven't had the chance to log on. It may be next week before I get my computer, so it will take me a while to catch up.

My vacation was pretty much emet free! I only had one small incident where I had a headache and was afraid I may *v*. But, after a little bit of rest, it went away and I was able to enjoy the rest of the evening. We did take a dinner cruise on a riverboat and I was a little concerned about the possibility of someone else *v*, especially since there was some drinking going on. But, no one did that I know of and we had a great time!

Just from glancing at the boards, I see some people have had sickness in their families. That scares me knowing that the sv season is just starting. I feel that this is my year to get it and I'm scared to death! Hope everyone is doing better!

Jess

Jess, I am glad you ar home and that you had a great time. I have missed your presence(sp) on the boards.

Welcome Back and Welcome Home!!!!

thats great that you enjoyed yourself. i am very worried about the
    upcoming sv* season too. most people think beautiful fall leaves, snow,
    christmas, thanksgiving, haloween, we think sv*. it sucks :/
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I think this is my "year" too....doesn't it suck just thinking about it. I mean, rationally, I know that not everyone has an allotted time frame for a sv, but I think about it anyway[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] I HATE IT!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Hi!

Jesskali and Crystalmom how long has it been since you last vomited...if you don't mind telling me? I was wondering if it's been really long since you both feel like this is the year it's gonna happen.I last vomited when I was eight and I'm not 22 and sinceit's been so long I don't even feel like it's possible for it to happen anymore although I know it is. I meanthe possibility of it happening doesn't seem realanymore. Plusother people in my family don't get stomach viruses as often anymore as they used to. Maybe that's because it was mostly my sisters who did and they're not kids anymore. I guess kids get more stomach viruses than adults?

Hey Jess glad you had a great time!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Welcome Back Jess!!!!!!!!!!!! We have missed you here...and I am so glad you had a great vacation....I know how you feel though...I HATED coming back from mine...it seemed like another world at the beach...and i felt safe and thought nothing could go wrong there....but back to reality!!! Anyway..glad to see you are back and look forward to talking to you again.....K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Hey Jess, last time I got a sv and v*ed was Janurary 1, 2004....so almost two years. The time before was June of 2002. So I figure, a year and a half apart, makes my year this fall. Hopefully I'm wrong. I didn't v* for sooooo long, and then got a few sv's, so maybe it's over with who knows. BUT, I do have a 4 year old, which makes me feel as though my chances are increased. He has only had one sv in his life thus far (knock on wood) and that was December 31, 2003. Yup, I had his!

If you haven't v*ed in a long time, I wouldn't concern yourself too much. Geez, I think my dad has gone 20 years or better!!!

Crystal [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Well, I'm glad to say that I now have my computer back so I can do some catching up!

I last *v* with an sv in Nov 2000. I *v* with strep in 2001. I had a sv in Jan 2003, but didn't *v*. I have never went longer than 5 years so I'm really nervous about this yr. Since my work moved to a new building, I will be exposed to a lot less co-workers, so that is a plus. Of course, I still have to go out to some of the doctor's offices, so that sucks.

Jess