Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

if anyone knows anything about campylobacter. I just need to know that if my puppy has it can he REINFECT us?

Deb, I have no idea. Does the puppy have it? Can they just treat him? I guess I would ask the vet. Sorry you are going through this.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Yes, ask a vet Debbie!!

HI, If the puppy has been on regime of antibotics and he has finished all the prescribed medication he should be done with it. It's very important he finish all the medication even if he seems better. I hope he's housetrained. Be sure to disinfect throughly with bleach and water were ever he happens to deficate. It's passed through the stools, as I'm sure you already know. If you got the puppy recently, contact the seller and let them know the problem you've had. If there are any remaining pups, they need to be treated and put in isolation. Do not feed your dog any table scraps of any kind at anytime. This bacteria is passed from raw, undercooked, or tainted meat and or eggs. The dogs system is compromised, so it's possible he may develop a condition known as colitis if he's fed people food. Which mimics what he has now but is not usually transmittable to humans.

I speak from experience my dog had this type of bacteria back in June after a picnic we had. I had kept my dogs in the house so no one would be tempted to feed them, but some one had dumped the left over hamburger and hotdogs in her bowl. Two days later she had terrible d*, but no v*. Anyway, she recovered but then the beginning of August I made the mistake of giving her some cooked steak scraps and she came down with a bout of colitis. She is now on a special diet of lamb rice food that she has to eat all the time.

There's a wealth of information on the web. Just type in the word and you'll finds loads to read.

Hope this helps.

We dont know that the puppy has it. We are waiting for the stool cultures. He does not have any signs of being sick at all.

Any ideas where Madison could have picked it up if it wasnt from the puppy?

I hope everyone is feeling better now, I am sorry you had to go through all this.

I have never heard of that. How is every one Deb?