Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey Everyone-

I have a question for you all. I think that i might have caught a little stomach bug. I dont have diahrea or the dreaded "V", thank God but i do feel nauseaus. Anyways i feel a little better today and ate some soup and crackers. My question is that even though this little bugs usually last 24 hours, can the nausea last a couple days. I know it depends on the virus and the person, but how long does it usually seem to take before your tummy feels normal again. Thanks a million

You really cant answer it exactly, but nausea doesnt mean you have a stomach bug always you know. I get nausea all the time for no reason at all and it lasts ages but im never sick and i never end up with a bug. Thank God!

All the advice i can give is that you should stick to eating little as possible for 2-3 days but dont starve yourself cause that causes bad nausea! And then you will starve the bug if you do have one and you wont have it anymore! drink plenty of water!
    Sarah Louise - Were Alive, So Take A Deep Breath

ilsonchick-

Thanks for your reply. You are right i might not have a bug. Sometimes like all of us i get alittle nauseaus and i think the worse. This probably makes it worse than it really is. i have found that raw ginger from the sushi section in the market works miracles. have you ever tried this? It is worth it if you havnt. I have ate very little today. I just finished some soup and crackers and i feel fine so far. Thanks again for you help...

wicked really? is ginger seriously maybe the way forward? i can imagine it to tast horid does it? xx
    Sarah Louise - Were Alive, So Take A Deep Breath