Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am trying very hard to not worry about this, but it is so hard. My youngest daughters teacher is out today because her daughter (who is in 1st grade) woke up this AM with a fever and vomiting. There is also a little girl out in my daughters class, another teachers child. I dont know what she is sick with though. I just hope that they dont send her back to school before she is well. I also hope that my daughters teacher doesnt get whatever her daughter has and tries to come to school with it. I just hate this!!!!

I know the worry and anxiety you are going through, Leigh. I have basically been expecting my kids to catch the most recent stomach virus that has been going around. (Crappy attitude, I know.) The anxiety is worse when I hear that kids have been out sick. If it's any consolation, my kids have not caught "it" yet. We'll see what this week brings, of course. (Sigh.) Actually, if we emets could think rationally, we would probably realize that most of the time, our kids do NOT catch"it." Hang in there!

I'm also worried because there is apparently a stomach bug going round our town at the moment (see my other post) and my siblings have caught everything going this summer. they had sv's at the start of june and start of july - there was roughly three weeks in between the two. School restarts a week today so I just knwo if it's still doing the rounds they'll bring it home.
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you know, i don't know what states you guys are from, but are sv's like a year round thing there?
    ~Sheri~

sheri--I just seem to have had a particularly(sp) rough summer with the v* and d* stuff. I am in Georgia, and I have always considered myself to be in an area where sv's arent that rampant.

The daughter of my youngest daughters teacher went to the doctor this am (the one who woke up v'ing this am) her doctor said she had some kind of bacterial infection that wasnt contagious to others. I sure hope he is right and I am trying not to worry too much about that.

The little girl that was out in my daughters class ............... I still dont know what is the matter with her. Her mother also teachers at the school, and she was out this am, but there this pm. SO .................. I am hoping that maybe its not an sv, and she just had to take her to the doctor for a cold or something. There is alot of that going around.

SIGHS ..........................

We shall see.

The girl that was gone in the morning and there in the afternoon maybe just had a sore throat and they needed to check for strep. Maybe once the culture came back negative, they sent her back to school. I don't think anyone would send their kid to school in the afternoon if they had been sick in the morning. Hang in there - I'm sure this year will get better for you!

I just realized I might have caused some confusion with my other post. It was the mother of the little girl that was out sick that was at school this afternoon, the little girl didnt come back.

Hey just a thought but a lot of kids v* when they have strep, but people who are not prone to v* don't; most adults don't. Maybe it is strep? Strep goes around a lot here in the summer.

But hey, I am with you. That's one of the reasons I hate school starting...around all the other kids, the colder seasons coming when it goes around, etc. I bought my kids those little purell "clips" that hold a tiny bottle of purell and you canloop itthrough the zipper on their backpack. We also have a rule that the first thing we do when we get home from school before we have a snack is wash our hands. I mean, I'm not OCD about hand-washing, just a common-sense kind of thing. Last year we startedbeing more diligent about thatand we had a "healthier" year, even as far as colds go.

I am hoping the little girl that was out in her class, just has a cold/sinus/sore throat thing. My husband is taking them to school this morning. I am almost afraid to take them to school, because of what I might find out. It would make me want to keep her home, if it were to have been a virus and the little girl is there. But, I know that I cant start a bad habit of keeping them home like that. Know what I mean?

------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Ok, a little update, I just called my youngest daughters teacher and her little girl had a bacterial sinus infection, and the high fever is what was making her v* The little girl that was out in class has some kind of viral infection, but not v'ing. She isnt even there today.

I am trying to take things one day at a time, atleast I can enjoy today with my husband and not be too worried about all this.

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

That's good news Leigh...I know you are having sighs of relief now.........I am glad it was just a sinus thing....i know that makes you feel loads better..it would me I hope that everything stays good for you and you have a good day with your husband Kate
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thank goodness, Leigh!!! I don't want you to go through what we've had around here. I hate living here---I want to move there are ALWAYS sv's here, as you all know, as my kids catch most of them!

I hear you Leigh this is crazy. I have never seen this "bug" hit so early in the year. I hope everything is going ok for you!!

I had a pretty rough summer with the v* and d* stuff, I am hoping for a little (or big) break from this stuff. Them being in school scares me though. I am trying to take it one day at a time, and trying very hard to not be so anxious!!!!

I'm glad everything worked out w/ the teacher's daughter. I don't know how you emet parents do it but you definitely deserve a big pat on the back!

Also, I know it's easy for me to say but it is how I got myself back into school (college) because I was so scared of the uncontrolled environment (germ wise) but when I was a kid I had a sv at age 7 and at age 10. the one at age 10 was over the summer and I got it from my aunt. So my point is, just because it's going around isn't a guarentee you or your child will get it. I'm sure tons of stuff went around when I was a kid and as most kids I was probably not the most hygenic. lol Anyhow hope that helps a bit.

Too bad I dont' take my own advice since I flip like the rest of us if I hear of someone within 20 mile raduis feeling n* lol. Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin