Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello to all!

I just thought that I would give another brief update on how I am going with my emetophobia and life in general.

I have just had the best summer ever! In the first week of the holidays, I departed for the holiday of a lifetime and went for a fortnight break in California. I started in San Francisco and I have come to the conclusion that I will have to live in that city when I am older! The Golden Gate Bridge was amazing and there was so much to do... I went on a three hour coach tour around the city whilst I was staying there and I really enjoyed it, despite my backthought worries that someone could be sick. Anyway, I then went on to Yosemite...What can I say? There is no place in the world like it. I was overwhelmed by what I saw and I couldn't believe there was somewhere so beautiful on the earth! Following a couple of days in Yosemite, I travelled down to Los Angeles... Even though I loved this city, the only off putting this was (a) the immense traffic! and (b) the depressing amount of homeless people. I felt ridiculous after seeing them because I felt so guilty, after buying converses, two pairs of vans and a hoodie and then going on to a nice italian for dinner! After Los Angeles, I travelled down to San Diego, which was quite nice but it seemed more laid back than the other two cities. One experience I will never forget was when I went to see the New York Mets vs. San Diego Padres...So much better than any football match here in England. The only bad thing was when I went to therestroom and I saw someone had been sick on the floor in the next cubicle but I managed to keep calm and not panic, which is a plus for me. I also overcame another fear, in that I used to hate using public restrooms in fear of someone being sick in the next cubicle, which is another plus point for me. After San Diego, I returned to San Francisco but there was so much hassle at the airport. A major bit of advice follows this too. Anyway, I got to San Diego Airport, only to find out that the flight I was booked on had left an hour earlier and that United Airlines had re-scheduled the flight...and they hadn't emailed me or called me or anything like that! This is where the advice comes in...call the airline about a week before you depart because your flight could've been rescheduled. Luckily, I was on an early morning flight, so I caught a flight three hours later and didn't miss out on a full whole day in San Francisco. I did more shopping in San Francisco and I brought some jeans (they are so much cheaper than London ones - A godsend!) and a couple of t shirts. Anyway, I got another two whole days in San Francisco and returned to London in the evening on the second whole day!

So...When i got back to England, I headed straight off down to Somerset to stay with my aunt's for a week. I had such a fun time and I managed to drink a lot of wine without the fear of vomiting afterwards. The most I had on one day was 4 glasses...probably not best for a 15 year old!

Overall, i've had a great holiday and everyone should keep up the battle with emet!

All the best, Chris
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chris, I am so glad you had such a wonderful summer!!!! When you really think about it, all we can really do is put one foot in front of the other and hope for the best, even though our emet thoughts are always in the back of our minds.

Sheesh, Chris, if only I was there! We could've met up! I agree, San Diego is laid back, but there are still plenty of activities to endorse in! It's not like San Francisco, and certainly not like L.A. You didn't get to visit Hollywood or Tijuana, I take it? That would have been an adventure. Glad you had a good time! =)