Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does anyone else..

Just thought I would see if Anyone else gets like this. I can't seem to stay away the night at someone else's house because of my fear. Like if you go to a family members for the night and there is other people there, It makes me 10x worse because I feel like if I stay round what If i become unwell. I live on my own and I prefer being alone, but its hard when a mate will ask me to stay over I always have to find an excuse to go home at night. I can't even stay round my mums house even though I know my flat is 10 minutes away, does anyone else get like this?.

Default Re: Does anyone else..

I can't seem to be around a lot of people, or else my brain goes right to SV...even if there is no evidence for it.

I get the same way! I also babysit late at night sometimes, or overnight. I get worried that either me or the kids will get sick randomly!

Definitely about the staying overnight. I've been this way since I was little- anxiety would make me have a tummy ache and I would always have to go home in the middle of a night from any friends house. It was so bad that I was actually 'banned' for awhile from my one friends house because her parents were continually annoyed... so after that, I completely stopped spending the night places.

It went away for a bit but now it's back. I can't stand the thought of even going to my sisters house 3 hours away for the night. I couldn't stay overnight in a hotel for my grandma's funeral last month.. It's a huge inconvenience as most of my family lives far away. You are not alone! I just wish there was something we could do.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.