Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Cycles of eating and not eating?

Sometimes I can't eat anything, it just feels horrible in my stomach, and all I can do is drink smoothies. Then, after a few weeks, I'll start to gradually be able to eat normally. Then, something will happen (I'll see someone getting sick or something) or I just think, "what if I get food poisoning?" and I stop eating again. Does anyone else do this?

Default Re: Cycles of eating and not eating?

I used to do that. With the logic of 'If I don't eat anything, then I won't have anything to throw up'. But in reality, having an empty stomach most of telhe time made me feel nauseous, and therefore I stayed in a loop of panic all the time. With the wonderful support of my family I have managed to kick this habit, but do have relapses every now and then around noro season.

Default Re: Cycles of eating and not eating?

I do the same thing. It happens a lot. I have noticed its seems to be a little worse around "my time of the month". I don't know how to fix the problem, cuz I have been going through this since I was a child when my problem started.